Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fishing for Fun

Goose gun?

There is a gun cleaner/ lubricant called G96. I would occasionally have problems with my autoloaders (Remington 1100,1187, Beretta extrema) Since using G96 never a problem. January field hunting and diver hunting on the fingerlakes, never a problem. Try it. You will like it.

I like my Mossberg 835 UltiMag.

It's practically indestructible and it eats 23/4, 3, 31/5 inch shells so I can choose whether or not to wreck my shoulder.

Attach the rifled deer barrel, load up Hornady SST's and you've got a long range deer machine.

For me, it's been a good, reliable gun at a reasonable price.

I like my Mossberg 835 UltiMag.

It's practically indestructible and it eats 23/4, 3, 31/5 inch shells so I can choose whether or not to wreck my shoulder.

Attach the rifled deer barrel, load up Hornady SST's and you've got a long range deer machine.

For me, it's been a good, reliable gun at a reasonable price.

Agreed! I've had mine for over 10 years and it always goes bang bang bang. I never go bird hunting without it. post-152176-14776127108524_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have an 835 as well and hate it. Rarely goes bang the first time i pull the trigger and has had other issues. My cousin had a newer one aswell but it fell apart in his hands. We both went to 870s his in super mag mine in the 3 inch version and havent looked back

With that being said on the off chance it does go bang on the first shot i have it paired with a kicks mod. Choke and it is a shooter. This sept myself (6 shots) and a buddy (4 shots) killed 11 flying geese with 10 shells in one volley

Wow that's the first bad thing I have ever heard about the 835 ultimag. I use mine 4 or 5 hunts a week all through duck and goose season and have for 10 plus years without ever any fails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah,  Must be something out of whack with your specific gun.

My sons and I have shot ours for the better part of a decade in all kinds of weather and I don't remember a failure.