Whitetail food plots

Silver Fox

2676e812ec7e24096d06ba69c2b0a353.jpg17561f52c1d72af823fb563a5a8eada2.jpg

I planted "last bite" and a clover/chicory mix 2 weeks ago with one round of rain in between. This is the pic I took today. This weekends rain should kick it up a notch. I put a stand near it and won't go back to the land till I hunt in 2-3 weeks.

It's not planted to feed the herd, just to create a spot for gathering in the woods. Lots of deer pics so far since late June. Getting deer going through on a regular basis.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Planted a small plot with wheat, oats and turnips about a month ago with no fertilizer. Second year for this spot and does are in it daily. Planted it for rut hunting. You can't go wrong with apples or pears in any of your plots. I'd put a couple around your stumps so you don't tear up roots when plowing in the future.post-143660-14749302586342_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They look good! I've got a few pear trees and a few apple trees in a clearing on a different part of my property.

I only use a harrow drag, so I don't get very deep. I don't want to get deeper than the top of the soil in the hardwoods anyways.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Edited by Silver Fox

• 3 weeks later...