Mercruiser 120 specs 1964- 72 Gm

FishingTheFL

Yep. 328 hours but I know this means little with a boat that's been sitting. Has new manifold but needs a elbow which I have brand new and bellows kit. Dump said $70 per ton to ditch the hull. Trailer is in good shape and had new tires. Going to get an alignment tool when it stops raining

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yep. 328 hours but I know this means little with a boat that's been sitting. Has new manifold but needs a elbow which I have brand new and bellows kit. Dump said $70 per ton to ditch the hull. Trailer is in good shape and had new tires. Going to get an alignment tool when it stops raining

Good to know you had it running & know there's no knocks, oil pressure & compression are all good and everything

Trailer is solid. Got a new battery out of it, one new tire on it. Couple screw drivers, less corroded blower covers, new hand rails, basically just newer shine stuff, I can sell the wind shield maybe. I got to go threw the out drive. Sludge came out but no aluminium chips. The one on my StarCraft had chips in it... Most likely from shifting at high idle? Haven't done much. Its been down pouring and we have had storm damage. The gauges on the dash are different, the manifold is different and the carb is different... Can I just change the manifold and the carb will switch? Looks like it. My carb has fresh rebuild

Well, started taking the new motor apart... Found that one of the soft plugs had been replaced and had cracked the block... I got no luck... Not a total loss I guess... Got some new parts, new battery, and a heavy trailer I can use for work after some remodeling...

I read you can probably jb weld or use Marine tech or something a long that lines... I don't really want to risk doing all the work for the motor just to break and I'm back to square one... Brand new boat from the dealer is looking better and better...

I hope you started this motor up and checked it all out before you shelled out 500 bucks .

:thinking:

:thinking:

So you didn't listen to three very important posts driven in your direction, you didn't start the motor in the old boat, which I suggested, then you blew off Hank and went off 3 hundred some hrs what could possibly be wrong, the most important part the block is F'ed up now!! YEEOOWW! Buddy. At least you have enough balls to say I F'ed up AGAIN!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Transmission in my truck went. No boat for now. Give more updates once I get rolling again. I winterized it a week or so ago. I took a look at the bill and can get the bill down to about $1100 threw the shop. They had new can listed, new manifold gaskets, carb rebuild, stuff like that I've already done. Right now truck first then boat. Some nice weather we been having. Looking back threw Facebook I had a few nice days last year.

I'm at the point where I need to check the cylinders to see if I need to have them bore out or not.

Yeah I hope not. I also have the cam from this other block, which I hope isn't a goner either. We got the tranny in last night, gotta deliver some wood, maybe tinker with it later. I gotta cut this one boat up and get out of here so I'll be taking the motor apart very soon and I'll take pictures of the crank and cam. I'm also going to end up finishing my bass boat project up after I get rid of this other fiber glass boat. I didn't give up on it.. Just this Star Craft was not suppose to be a project... I repeated my self many times. All I can say is I learned a lot.

Edited by FishingTheFL