Back into fishing

bellarose

Got back into fishing after retiring and have time now.. Bought a starcraft 190 superfisherman and got a beating in doing so,, motor was bad and it leaked like the plug wasn't in it.. Well I had nowhere to go but the garage for that winter.. totally took the boat apart,, clear down to there was nothing left but the aluminum supports in the hull. Parts were scattered clear across the entire garage.. I even stripped out all the wires and they changed colors more times that the weather. My wife came into the garage one days and asked me if I would ever get this boat back together?,, I gold her that I didn't think all the kings horses and all the kings men could put this boat back together again,,, So Goes how the boat got the name Humpty Dumpty,, but alas after many many hours of work,, She is back to being lake worthy and now I am putting her to use. both walleye in Lake Erie and Salmon on the big O, It is like having a teenager,, You love them to death  but I am not sure if I want to go through that again... Just kidding,,

I used to fish the big O back in the 80's to mid 90's then careers both military and civilian took up all my time,, So I am making up for it.. If I can help others,, just ask,,,, Back on the lake,,,,HD

Thank you for service! I have an 09 fishmaster 196 and it leaks like a siv also. I tried gluv-it on the rivets and it just cracked and popped. I currently have it on my lift Calking all the seams with 3m marine caulk 5200 and then I am going to use bedliner spray from sem paint products on the external hull. Wish me luck! I love the boat, just wish it was built better! P. S. Never put batteries up front, the weight on the sub floor flexes and pulls the rivets out of the hull... FYI.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thank you for service! I have an 09 fishmaster 196 and it leaks like a siv also. I tried gluv-it on the rivets and it just cracked and popped. I currently have it on my lift Calking all the seams with 3m marine caulk 5200 and then I am going to use bedliner spray from sem paint products on the external hull. Wish me luck! I love the boat, just wish it was built better! P. S. Never put batteries up front, the weight on the sub floor flexes and pulls the rivets out of the hull... FYI.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Strange. I have a 2001 Superfisherman 196. It's the driest hull I've ever seen. 24 volt battery system under the consoles up front. The boat is built like a tank. Must have moved manufacturing to China sometime after 2001. Lol