I never tried before, can you clue me in ?

moonfish

Been a shore fisherman my whole life and got a 12' boat this year. I have never fished for trout or salmon before. So I thought I might try starting by launching on the gennessee in Charlotte and troll heading south towards 104. I have the following but not sure if any of these will work in the river. Spoons, single/double bladed aglia spinners, swimbaits, 4-6" stick or minnow baits, crank baits, rattle traps, grubs. Basically bass/ walleye/Pike tackle. I really don't have a clue what may or may not work. And are single hooks required ? Could you clue me in ? When is the right time ?

Edited by moonfish

I believe anything that sinks must have single hooks. J-plugs and flatfish will work. Fish will start running anytime now if they haven't already started. Even if you don't have any luck, the river gorge is a great place to spend a sunny fall day.

I believe anything that sinks must have single hooks. J-plugs and flatfish will work. Fish will start running anytime now if they haven't already started. Even if you don't have any luck, the river gorge is a great place to spend a sunny fall day.

Hey thanks ! I had to search internet to see what they look like...lol. May pick some up and try.