Where is everyone?

fjs5252

It is like that up and down the lake. I have been driving to Canada a lot this past week.  Most boats at all the ports have been done or pulled before the calendar even says fall.  Salmon River inshore and Canada the exceptions to slow fishing.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

I'm done .. Pulled boat outta Mexico last weds after a totally frustrating season , only one mature salmon caught in 28 days on the water from June - sept . Even last year was far better for me 10 fold then this season .

Seriously having deep thoughts about not coming back as a seasonal dock but I hate to see the boat just sit idle in the driveway after our striped bass depart back to the sea .

I don't know , some hard decisions will have to be made over the winter .

As for such , I'm currently getting my game face on for hunting and ice fishing . At least they never let me down :)

Rich

I'm done .. Pulled boat outta Mexico last weds after a totally frustrating season , only one mature salmon caught in 28 days on the water from June - sept . Even last year was far better for me 10 fold then this season .

Seriously having deep thoughts about not coming back as a seasonal dock but I hate to see the boat just sit idle in the driveway after our striped bass depart back to the sea .

I don't know , some hard decisions will have to be made over the winter .

As for such , I'm currently getting my game face on for hunting and ice fishing . At least they never let me down :)

Rich

We had great salmon fishing from May till August on the west end. It would have continued right through August if that giant NE blow didn't ruin it.

Go west young man!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Not having a dedicated crew this year and possibly in the future really put crimp in my season .

I caught more Fish of the dock last week then out on the lake all season , a few bass, 3 pike , bunch of dink perch and a walleye of all things .

I truly enjoy the area as I have for about 40 years but the lake is really kicked my azz this year .

If I do return , I will be bringing my 14' Jon boat and really focus once again on the warm water species as well as joining the atv club so the lake fishing would be secondary .

Good luck out there Phil and maybe see you on the mighty muddy Hudson in the spring :)

Rich

West is expensive , not that I didn't throw a bunch of $$$ and tackle into the east .

It's a 3.5 hr drive after I leave work ion a Friday in Albany , NY to get to Mexico . Not sure if I could stay awake driving further :(

I don't disagree , just kinda not logical to drive past sodus ($$$) for me

Edited by Rich s

Hearing others have been struggling, while disappointing, at least makes me feel like it's not just me. We're headed to Otisca tomorrow but will be back for one last try Columbus day weekend. If anyone is interested we trolled all day off Oswego in 100 fow with flys, and spoons and didn't have a hit. Only marked one fish. Disappointing but that's why it's called fishing not catching.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I pulled my boat last week due to filled up schedule for the next few weeks but if not for that I'd still be fishing. The past few years in Mexico have been tough but this year from third week in August until I pulled the boat we were seeing screens like in the past they just weren't always cooperative, it was very encouraging though. I've fished that area since early 80's and always a cycle.

Drove to Oswego made it out to lighthouse to find leftover rollers. They were 3 ft with 4s mixed in to rough for my boat then had a 5ftr toss my boat like a toy.upset ran in put it back on the trailer and headed back to pinegrove. Ran west to Mexico still 2ft plus rollers but set in 70ft zig zag 90ft to 60 blank screen some bait. Trolled to past catfish nothing. Turned out and headed deeper nothing. Ran to Sandy North doons. Set again in 95ft bam fish on! mag dipsy ff out 160. Broke off before nephew got the rod out of the holder. Made a couple passes nothing else. Looking forward to next year learned allot for first year 4 trips 8 adults 9 lost. Time to retire the ranger and get a lake boat.

I'm still getting use to fishing without a probe its hard because current and wind getting use to reading dipsy rods. Downriggers make two noises clicking and singing once I hit 3mph the drags on dipsy start to click and cables stop singing. Tryed angle I use 10lb fish so angle is different at depth. I'm learning love it because it's different and frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...