Tips for a visitor to Mississauga (salmon quest)

I'm visiting my brother in Mississauga and come from Manitoba. We are going to try for salmon trolling (using dipsys) but it is kind of the blind leading the blind as he has no experience. I was hoping for a few tips on locations and maybe depths to try. If somebody can help us out with a post or a PM would be appreciated. I'm in for another week and would love to get my first salmon or steelhead ever. We'd be in a 18ft Lund fisherman so can get out in the lake a ways or drive out to a launch in the right area.

Thane

A 35 lb King was taken off Port Credit this past Sat morning(new grand prize leader in the G.O.S.D.).

Currently,100 fow(top 60 ft) East of the mouth is producing fish.

WARNING: The derby is in full swing,so it's best to fish weekdays,as weekends can be less than fun :evil: :evil:

Mag spoons early,then flasher/fly as the spoons die off(but that can change daily).

You will be using mono divers,or braid or wire??

The plan is to use a braid. Most likely 30lb powerpro and fireline. We've got a variety of spoons and flashers and some flies. I appreciate the reply. Thanks so much. Hope to get out later this week before the weekend.