Canandaigua Water level for Launching 20+ft boat at •Canandaigua and Seneca Lakes state launches

EDAY

Can anyone give a report on the state launches at Canandaigua and Seneca lakes? I see that the water level is way down and I am concerned about being able to launch and load without 1 getting the trailer backed in over the cement ramp and 2 the outlet depth to get to the lake. Thanks

I launched at the south end of Canandaigua Saturday with my boat and outboard which is pretty much the equivalent of a 20 footer without problems. I was at the north end ramp last weekend and although I didn't go there to fish or launch the boat  I spoke with the girl that was examining the boats for invasives and she said about 60 boats had been in and out again from the channel but I would recommend going out on shallow water drive or with your lower unit up aways. The lake is lower than I have ever seen it right now and there is an advisory in effect as far as using caution navigating near shore.

Edited by Sk8man

Pulled my boat out of Seneca on the 15th at Sevene launch , 21' Fishmaster water was low but no problem at that launch...... blowing like crazy here right now lake level is about the same as it was on the 15th with about 1/2" of rain coming tonight...

There is about 2.5 feet of water in the north end of cndgua inlet. The depth from the boat launch out to the lake is pretty consistent, so if you were going to have a depth problem you'd know immediately.

Dont need to worry about going off the end of the launch w your trailer at the north launch because its such a friendly incline. Stay on the east side of the channel as you pass the inn on the lake gazebo heading out, the west side has a few high spots.

Thank You!  KEV, ERABBIT & SK8man  I appreciate your comments. With my new boat I want to very careful. I was concerned it would hamper my fall fishing.  Looks like we will get rain here in the next few days that should also help.

Good Fishing guys!

Good luck this weekend folks. I strongly suspect next year you'll keep lakers in the mix though here. It hasn't been easy fishing out here this season for most. Let's hope the weather cooperates but we sure as heck need some rain around here.

Edited by Sk8man

Yeah the party we had in your boat last week was great Nick...sorry you couldn't make it and we didn't have time to clean up the beer cans because  the sheriff was coming :lol:

I launched my 19 foot Aluminum last Friday 7th and had 2 foot of water on the depth finder . I kept the motor up on tilt so there was just enough for it to pump water. Had no problems. Just need to be careful and hug the left side of channel at the mouth. I am going again Saturday I will try to update when i get home.  Hope this helps.

Does anyone have any recent update on the launchability from Woodville or the marine park at the north end of Canandaigua? I am thinking of heading down there on Sunday. I have a 19 foot fiberglass, not heavy, but I'm not sure of the draft.

Thanks.

We launched 22 foot boat there last weekend no problem and there was a 25-footer that was launched there also that day with no problem the water is low but just keep your trim up and if you're looking at the launch use the right side launch there is some build up on the left side launch from people power loading their boats there.. You shouldn't have any problem at all as long as you take it easy out to the drop off.

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks, guys. I take it you're both referring to the north end launch in Canandaigua, and not the Woodville launch? I've only launched from the north end. I thought if it's as windy out of the south as predicted on Sunday, I might try the south end for a smoother boat ride.

Both launches are low water and you should have your lower unit up as far as you can.  The channel at the north end has potential "bumps" in it and is about 2 ft (or less) in spots  and the Woodville launch has a rock pile from the power loaders about midway out on the dock at the south side ramp. last week when I used it I had to have my motor completely out of the water and push off manually and start up once away from the ramp. The ramp to the north didn't seem as bad then anyway. It is also pretty shallow and muddy with a lot of weed growth out from the launch at Woodville for quite aways.

Edited by Sk8man