Perfect 10's on Erie

RD9

Ok so whom is running perfect 10's by smithwick on Erie. I use rynowskys mainly and some Bay rats. I love Bay Rats color selection and quality but I catch more on rynowskys. Problem with the rynowskys is the quality, they flat out catch fish but you need to buy two to find one that doesn't fill up with water and crack. Heard of guys running perfect 10's and doing well on Erie in the eastern basin. Just wondering if guys are having success with them mid to late summer. I believe they were first used on Erie in the western basin because of the capabilities to troll slow.

How long have you been using them and when did you switch to P10's and where do you fish on Erie. Have you noticed an increase in the amount of large fish you have boated.

When you say Bandits are you meaning there shallow diver or deep diver??  I've looked at them-the paint and finish on them is impressive. Great color selection too. We also have had lots of quality issues with renowskis. If they don't leak or break in half they do catch fish though. 

• 4 months later...

I fish the eastern basin of erie for walleye ALOT.  My go to lures are the Renoskys, Storm Thundersticks, and spoons.  Started using Bayrats last year but they didn't perform as well as my others.  They did catch fish though.  I also started using a few Bomber lures and have been having good luck with them as well.  But when its crunch time, I always go for a Renosky.

Ive never heard of the lures you mentioned, but will look into them and give them a try this year.

I grew up fishing out of Erie, PA for walleyes.  In the last few years, the P10s in late May during the night bite slow trolling the shore line were hot.  During normal summer deep trolling the trenches and off the presque isle point though, a bagleys bang-o deep diver on 5-color was very hard to beat.  There were some days that I had two bagleys on 5-color outfits out fish the rest of the rods on the boat 5 to 1.  We use a lot of reef runners and deep bay rats as well, and they all catch fish at certain times.  But my go-to is the bagleys, well-made balsa wood baits that are fairly cheap.