Cayuga 10/5, First try with the Seth Green.

My 5 yo son and I did a short trip on Cayuga tonite. 7 landlocks, 3 lakers. Was my first go with a SG rig. Almost threw it in the lake after my dipsy caught it. Made a mess. After I got untangled, we managed 3 landlocks on it including the biggest a 21". I actually kinda like it now. It's rather addicting hand lining a landlock. post-160292-1475712961023_thumb.jpgpost-160292-14757129710141_thumb.jpgpost-160292-14757129854788_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Very cool. My son caught his first trout a 3 lb rainbow on Seneca on his third birthday (very fitting) and it was on a Seth Green rig. I had him hold up the rod and I handlined it almost in then he took over :) Rigs are a lot of fun despite the occasional messes :lol:  That is what memories are made of. :yes: 

I think I got to chat with your little fishing partner at the boat launch at takeout (Meyers). He said your boats name is something like "Ship Wreck". He was pretty entertaining. 

Congratulations at getting the Seth Green rig working. It was a perfect day for it!

You out-fished me by over 3 to 1. Getting 10 fish in a couple of hours is pretty good in anyone's book. Doing it with a Seth Green rig AND a 5 yr old is kind of puts you in an elite club as far as I am concerned!

Seth Green rigs are very addicting, especially handlining! Its an artform all its own that takes lots of skill to master. Congratulations and great job! I love to hear folks getting back into rig fishing, especially like to see your passing that skill on to your young man, congratulations to you!

Sent from my VK410 using Lake Ontario United mobile app