2016 duck season

Just keep your scouting reports off the internet... Lots of lazy cyberscouters on this site and other social media sites.... I spend hundreds of dollars on fuel every late season ( most of which is scouting missions)

Its supposed to be 50 tomorrow so most lakes or inland water should be open (ish)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'll never tell my spot ! I'll let u know if I'm seeing any . But not where . Not going to lie either. It's all good missdemeanor it's not a felony!!! Lol just like to see reports of the waterfowl everyone's been getting.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

All i know is i cant wait. A good friend has geese by the thousands hitting his fields and lot of ducks. Only issues they show up when they want. Which means all day in the field. Just praying they are there Saturday. Be safe and shoot straight

Only was able to get out a handful of times at best do to deer hunting. Love the late season and can't wait! Water should definitely start opening up with this warm up! Was a little worried about numbers, but hopefully should be ok.

Did a lot of scouting before the season and our farm pond was half frozen , with 300 plus mallards on it . We got there at 6 am . Set up 3 dozen decoys, 2 splash decoys and 5 full body goose decoys. The ducks were on the pond when we got there so we spoked them out . Had good single action early with some nice size flocks around 945. Had good sun on them as they came in it was nice to pick out the drakes. We ended with our 4 man limit of mallards.

post-160085-14832100625457_thumb.jpg

Tried for Mallards Saturday with zero luck! Decided to hit the Lake this morning and was able to almost get our 2 man limit. Could have killed many more but didn't want to take any more hens so decided to let them land and fly away! Ended up with 6 Squaws 3 Scoters and one bonus Mallard.

1483392513791.thumb.jpg.afc86b7e3ea0d666

We def saw more Squaws then Scoter this morning. Mostly immature drakes and hens though. Mature drakes were few and far between. Scoters did not fly till later and worked the decoys the best when we were out retrieving our down birds, go figure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Back out again. Took the kayak out and had a blast . First thing this a.m had 2 geese come in and I dropped 1 of them . I picked it up and put it in the kayak . I get to shore and take it out and see BLING !!!! I then had a 4 pack of mallards I missed Cuz I was starring at them as they came in then to late. With all the lake ducks around I decided to shoot my 2 then wait for the mallards. Got a Drake and a hen and another goose . That wind was crazy out there today . Did good shooting today as I lost my bead on my gun . Awesome thing of the day was a flock of 12 mallards were just about to come in and a bald eagle was coming our way and they flared hard to get out of dodge1483555774583.thumb.jpg.11b029b8b12fc6e8