Lucky Enuff's 29lb 7oz king pic

Short report......I'll give a more detailed report on everything after the Sodus Pro Am cause It's late and I'm only home for one day till I leave again.

Prefished on Friday in the Fat Nancy's shootout (well run Tom....great job and really sweet entry package!) Thanks to all the sponsors and Fat Nancy's!! We started inside and found lousy temp after Thursday's blow, so we trolled out to deeper water and picked up our first king over about 425 fow off the rigger. Next king came on the copper.... that smaller king would turn out to be our only copper hit for the 3 days we fished :shock: .

As I was taking that fish out of the net, I looked up just in time to see the rigger fire. The rod never popped up, but bounced and went strait down to the water. I grabbed it and the fish was off to Canada. 700+ ft of line out and I realized I could see the spool. Jeff Jackson did a great job clearing the wire and we did a sharp starboard turn to get some line back on the reel. I was never able to move the fish, so we kept doing large starboard turns and I fought the fish out the side of the boat. Our circles got tighter and tighter until the fish tired and we got it in the net.....what a rush!!

We kept fishing and managed two more kings until we decided we better run in and weigh the fish.

Here is a pic, along with our 3rd place box of fish from Friday.

Pq14LruJ.jpg

Thanks Rich.....it was tough fishing, wasn't it?

She'll be good to go for Sodus. I blew two gaskets on the port motor running full bore Sat.....had her doing 37mph with a tank of gas, crew of 5 and loaded with "stuff". Ran it to hard for to long I guess.....the Oswego Pro am and my boat don't get along so well :lol::lol:

Didn't help us being down to one motor on Sunday, but that's the way it goes somedays. Give me a call on the cell when you get to Sodus!

Yes...I know Clarke. But it's probably all for not cause I called Dave Chilson first thing on Monday to inform him I found one guy one the boat didn't have a ticket. Dave and I talked on the phone at length about it. That's why I'm not making a big deal on it being a loc fish.... ;(;(

Next time...I will make sure EVERYONE on the boat shows me the ticket.

Thanks........I must have talked with Dave 3 times yesterday. I called him as soon as the Pro Am was over and things settled down a little. Everyone on my boat is supposed to have a loc ticket. From now on....I'm gonna have to see it with me own two eyes.

I asked Dave yesterday if he could leave it up one more day till I got home and could print it out ;( I guess I'll just go catch another one in Sodus :lol::lol::lol:

I gotta be real clear and direct about it with anyone who steps on the boat from now on. My fault for assuming :$

Ditto Matt.....see you guys this weekend

Rod,

Congrats, Great fish. Sorry I missed you at in Oswego. I left right after we docked the boat. My 6 year old daughts birthday party as Sunday afternoon.

We are docking the boat in Sodus right behind Capt. Jacks, stop by and say hi.

Jim

:$ Thanks.....Don't know where I got that from? I appreciate the correction!! You'd think all the times I've contacted him over the past day and 1/2 I'd know that....lol I'm such a nimrod sometimes!!

Rodney,

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. As you said "chit happens" and that's why Smitty and I sprung for the original derby ticket for you and Dave last season, because you never know.

I know you are an upstanding guy and would never doubt you would do other than the right thing. I learned that much about you through our fishing experiences.

Sorry to hear about the engine problems...as yopu said ...you and the Oswego Pro AM... hmmmmm. what's up with that.???

Clarke

I'm a lil slow Clarke, but now I get it. I said that exact thing to Dave Chilson last time we spoke. I'm now entering everyone myself on line, and I'll collect when we hit the 600 fow mark :lol:

This is all taking away from a great fish that I feel privileged to have done battle with. I refuse to let this side bar dampen my experience of catching that fish. I am already looking forward to hunting down another and next time all aboard will be entered, I'll make sure of that ;)

It's the Nascar in ya Rod. If you were a Stewart fan like you should be it wouldn't have happened or maybe you would have called him Dave Gibbs :lol:

BTW nice job on both the fish and the honesty too! Hope to meet you at Sodus as I am coming down for the weigh in and so the Mrs. can meet Ray,Bob and Jason and try to make things a little clearer when I discuss about them to her :? :? :? :lol:

Rod,

Don't worry man, I have a few spots saved on my GPS for us this weekend. I KNOW I lost some that big two weekends ago, so they should be even bigger by now :lol: Oswego is known for their big fish simply because us sodus guys just don't tell when we find the big ones ;) The really big ones get too tired to keep swimming to Oswego and just stop out front of sodus hehe.

Nick