Evening eyes and rising moon

Nautitroller

Trolled a local lake tonight 4-6:30, beautiful sunset and nice moon rising. Caught two eyes one 28" the other 25" happy to have some tasty filets. Two and four color cores with small rapalas in 18' of water. 60 temp

Edited by Nautitroller

Very nice ! I never targeted walleye and I don't fish Cayuga. Primarily Western finger lakes. I want to fish for them and with temps falling can I find them in shallow water ? What's your opinion on spoons for walleye ? I can troll flat line or bottom bouncer.

Those didn't come out of Cayuga, it was Cayuta I've tried lots of different small spoons for these eyes and they prefer the small sticks (2"-3") bottom bouncer should work, speed was key last night they wanted it at 2.5 and that was as slow as I could go with the wind. The water was very murky.

Those didn't come out of Cayuga, it was Cayuta I've tried lots of different small spoons for these eyes and they prefer the small sticks (2"-3") bottom bouncer should work, speed was key last night they wanted it at 2.5 and that was as slow as I could go with the wind. The water was very murky.

Thanks