Russian snaggers

Gill-T

I actually enjoyed the video.  At 1 point I said "there goes the rod!" (But the fish wouldn't cooperate)  I am surprised that they landed it.  They had no idea how to net it.  I wondered where the crackers were.  I thought they were going to start piling on the roe and bringing out the Starka...

@Blambam88:  Ignorant people do that regardless of what they are or where they come from.  Before the end of the season someone will berate the PA brethren.  Just like every highschool has its "Breakfast Club" so does every culture.  I think the smug people annoy me more because they should know better.

Good old trailer hole...huh. evidently the DEC officers don't hang out there like they did in the 80's and 90's.

Jigging activity LOL!..pretty hard to net those fish hooked in the back and tail.

Watched many guys get their boats and gear confiscated down there. Sheriff made daily trios up there checking safety equipment and issue tickets anchoring in the channel.

That's some big balls or dumb asses posting faces and snagged salmon in one episode.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They devastate the browns at Sandy Creek when they are in. Someone found nets last year too. Geez and the Brownie fishing has been off the last 2 years in the lake......

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

This is the crap that needs to be addressed with the DEC.  With the stocking cuts on the way, the DEC needs to step it up and stop this garbage.  The legit trib guys and us lake guys depend on the trout to survive the slow king times. 

Why wouldn't someone be calling in to the hotline with the boat numbers at least? I think that ranks up there with the most incompetent bringing to the net and "netting" too :lol:

It would be nice to allow for "deputizing" trained persons to help blanket a tributary (with a DEC officer on site) during the runs.  Go trib by trib and set down the law of the land.  

the problem is, that isn't just a few Russians its 90% of the trib only guys.  I was at the SR last week and it was snag central by basically everyone,  I even seen a guy snag a salmon in the upper fly zone and then keep it.  NO DEC anywhere.  There where ppl walking around the hatchery with there waders on, even though the sign says take your waders off to prevent daisies.  but once again DEC wasn't there enforcing it.  for the most part I'm not sure how much law enforcement can do as they are extremely out number.  Just look at the BS that goes on around the dams at the oak or Burt, do you really want to get in the middle of those guys. :thinking: