Hello There!

rbochan

Hi!

I'm Rob. I stumbled across this forum recently and decided to sign up.

I fish Otisco quite a bit and have become quite fond of the Tigers there. I got into them a coupe of years ago and have had a blast with them. I fish the Causeway mostly. I don't own a boat currently, but I'd imagine it's near impossible to launch a boat on Otisco now anyway. I'm mostly a live bait guy, but I recently picked up a decent musky bait-casting rig and some big honking lures to toss out there. I figure I have about 9100 casts to go before one hits on e of the lures.

I look forward to learning more and discussing everything with you folks!

Welcome ! This is a great site ! I haven't been a member too long, but I have learned some things here and have made several friends as well. I even have been out on other boats as well and had a great time ! There are many opportunities available to be part of bigger things as well. Look around and ask questions. Members here are a great help. Enjoy !

Welcome aboard Rob, so you fish Otisco, this little lake sure has gained popularity since I joined in 2012, I'm sure you've heard of Justin the fishing guide service on Otisco. Before I joined this site I didn't know there was walleye of decent size and possible the next NY state record Muskie could emerge from that lake. There's no such thing as a stupid question, so ask away someone will chime in and help you. Good luck out there and be safe, whether it's ice fishing or boating, wading!! PAP.

Welcome Rob,

This is a good place to to learn about the fishing opportunities we have, meet other anglers and learn about the efforts that go into providing and maintaining our great fishing resources.

Please be very careful about using live bait to catch tigers if your intentions are to release them. If a tiger swallows the bait and hook, there is a very high probability it will die after it is released. This defeats the purpose of catch and release to provide future opportunities to catch a larger one. Please read the Musky Catch and Release string pinned to the top of the Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX) forum for information on successful catch and release of muskies so they live to fight another day.

Edited by muskiedreams