Genesee River Salmon Massacre

Which is is Rolmops... One post you condone illegally taking fish. The last sentence of your last post says lawbreakers should be punished..? Lmao.... Simply amazing... Your the one who stirred this $hit pot.... Time to lick the spoon sir!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Which is it?

Have you ever gone over the speed limit? Did you ever drive home with one too many in your belly? Did you ever ignore a do not trespass sign. If you have not than you are holier than an angel. 

I hate seeing all that good fish going to waste and I would much rather see it being used. This is not comparable to stealing cigarettes ,because cigarettes are not on the verge of dying and rotting.

There is no good solution within the way the laws are written today.

As for law enforcement ,please let them do it where it matters. In the small tributaries that are being raped as we speak.

But wasting precious resources on dying salmon? That is really not worth the effort.

Is perception the new reality?

• Kings do spawn successfully
  • The urban trolls poon other fish besides salmonids (ie. walleye)

• Fancy fisherman with real jobs have legally caught fish, gut them for eggs and thrown the corpses back in the river (Witnessed)
  • You witness bad behaviour at a choking point during salmon season and you stayed there for what reason - to whine about it?  Real fisherman don't fish at the falls.

The only thing I read on this that made sense is to call the DEC (repeatedly)  The only thing worse than deliberate rapin and pillagin of the resource is people throwing stones on this website.  If people break the law out of necessity it is still breaking the law and extremely unfortunate.  If someone breaks the law out pure contempt of the rules than that is vile and should be regarded in a different more harsh manner.

Rant over - @Unreel - That is funny...

To answer your question? Yes Yes and no on the trespassing.... And if I was caught at the time, I deserve what the outcome was... I love how you keep saying we all feel we are holier than whatever.... Smh...

Dealing drugs is illegal... Should LEOs only do drug stops in Pittsford, Fairport, or Perinton? You know..." Where it matters" instead of Conkey, or Joseph Ave? Your argument holds absolutely Zero water! The law is the law ....if a person violates it knowingly they should pay the consequence. Period!

Lastly...those fish area result from hard working taxpaying sportsmen... God forbid we get irritated when people mistreat the sport we all love...

I guess we should all put our priest collars on now... See you guys at Mass, I'll bring the wafers and wine ( I might need a D.D. though) lmao....

if these guys are over harvesting and selling anything off these fish, then by all means this is wrong!! Especially if natural reproduction of any sort is happening. These folks pay no taxes, get food stamp and are on welfare, here on a visa or illegally so now their selling the fish parts, since they have nothing invested it's all PROFIT. It means nothing to them, as long as they have $$$ in their pocket they don't give a shyt. To compare what they are doing to going 70 in a 65 mph zone is like comparing apples to oranges, yes it's illegal but your no taking a natural resource away that made you money. I know did I ever break the law absolutely. When I got off the bus the last day of my senior year, I was told I needed to find my own place to live, the winter of 82 was cold very cold. I got a job working construction and worked enough to collect unemployment, I remember it was less the $75, so every two weeks I got $150, I lived off the church I belonged to they got government surplus cheese, powered milk, so all I needed to buy was noodles, and I needed to shoot a deer. I lived on mac & cheese and deer meat. My freezer was Mother Nature, my father showed me how to skin a deer and hang them in a tree where they froze, oh I forgot I also got peanut butter from the church. After 3 years my mom and dad got a divorce, and I bet the landing gear on the plane wasn't up and my father was at my run down trailer to bring me home. So yea I broke the law I shot deer out of season, to survive, not to sell!!!! I look at things way differantly to this day.

My point is that we should not be holier than thou. As for breaking the law. When rich people intend to break the law, they change the law to make sure that their crimes become legalized. Poor people do not have that luxury.

But I agree that breaking the law must be punished.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Oh you are so misinformed. NOBODY HAS TO OBEY THE LAW, THEY CHOOSE TO OBEY IT. Because some rich person breaks the law doesn't excuse poor from breaking it. So nobody is claiming a holy status. We are claiming the law. Nobody is excused. Unless your name is Hillary. I'm calling cops now and reporting CL post too

I think what happens is that the judges could care less in the city. Bigger fish to fry. So it trickles down to the officers thinking they are just wasting there time down there.

Absolutely. Honestly they do have bigger issues. Sucks that this stuff happens but the reality of the situation is that the court system does throw a lot of these charges out or reduces them. A guy with his limit of salmon and no more is hard to prosecute to full extent and it is time consuming and costly when other more pressing issues are at hand. Best friend is an officer and yes they are directly told not presue things the court system doesn't up hold in court. Obviously this situation sucks but we need to adress realities and our reality as sportsman occasionally doesn't mesh with our societies realities. By this I mean the general population doesn't give two ****s about the dieing salmon at the genessee river even if we all do. It is our responsibility to try to educated and intervene when necessary and bring these issues to the appropriate people's attention to prove it's importance.

On a non related topic. I also heard one of the Asians was smoking a marijuana cigarette and no one even cared.

I think what happens is that the judges could care less in the city. Bigger fish to fry. So it trickles down to the officers thinking they are just wasting there time down there.

Absolutely. Honestly they do have bigger issues. Sucks that this stuff happens but the reality of the situation is that the court system does throw a lot of these charges out or reduces them. A guy with his limit of salmon and no more is hard to prosecute to full extent and it is time consuming and costly when other more pressing issues are at hand. Best friend is an officer and yes they are directly told not presue things the court system doesn't up hold in court. Obviously this situation sucks but we need to adress realities and our reality as sportsman occasionally doesn't mesh with our societies realities. By this I mean the general population doesn't give two ****s about the dieing salmon at the genessee river even if we all do. It is our responsibility to try to educated and intervene when necessary and bring these issues to the appropriate people's attention to prove it's importance.

On a non related topic. I also heard one of the Asians was smoking a marijuana cigarette and no one even cared.

When it comes to,the criminal justice system, I can say I might be smarter than the average bear. Going down to the gorge in force will open up many doors... Its called probable cause... In order to find bigger crimes officers utilize smaller offenses to establish "probable cause" to question a suspect.... Street cops use V&T laws alit of times as PC... With that said, the DEC could go down there, check fishing licenses, check for warrants ( if bet money they get at least 1 or 2 a day), drugs or weapons. After a few times of saturating the area, the violators will get the hint.... It happens in the city all the time...it's called project impact...city cops accompanied by sheriff's and troopers saturate a high crime area... Everyone arrested get brought to the Bing. Soon enough, the bad guys get the hint. Its basic policing 101. I know the DEC and USFG monitors this site. Hopefully this whole thread gets their attention.

When it comes to,the criminal justice system, I can say I might be smarter than the average bear. Going down to the gorge in force will open up many doors... Its called probable cause... In order to find bigger crimes officers utilize smaller offenses to establish "probable cause" to question a suspect.... Street cops use V&T laws alit of times as PC... With that said, the DEC could go down there, check fishing licenses, check for warrants ( if bet money they get at least 1 or 2 a day), drugs or weapons. After a few times of saturating the area, the violators will get the hint.... It happens in the city all the time...it's called project impact...city cops accompanied by sheriff's and troopers saturate a high crime area... Everyone arrested get brought to the Bing. Soon enough, the bad guys get the hint. Its basic policing 101. I know the DEC and USFG monitors this site. Hopefully this whole thread gets their attention.

Hopefully something like this can be done, but to just ignore it and except that "it is what it is ", is just bs.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

C'mon man! A lot bigger fish to fry than what goes on at the river. Rollmops opinion about taking salmon at the falls would be fine with me if no bycatch was involved.

Yeah dying fish are not at the same priority as putting a murderer behind bars but you know what, Uncle Mario has no issue popping people for an overdo registration, or any other small non life threatning vehicle infractions. The City of Rochester had no issue giving Nick Tahou's a citation and fine for missing badges at the Lilac Festival and fighting it in court when he refused to pay. If these can be enforced or in Nick Tahou's case the city spent a lot of money fighting it out in court only to lose, then why can these envirmental crimes be enforced too. Create a special court like Traffic court, these fines will more than pay expenses.

Well, when my friend told me what he saw down there, my first thought was actually similar to rolmops; that the fish are going to die anyways and if these people are eating them, then maybe its not so bad. But then I got to thinking about the lawlessness,and how the law doesn't matter anymore in this country. Plus, we are told there is natural reproduction, so it should be enforced. For now, the law is  what  it is and should be enforced. If they see the need, or there is a benefit to change it on certain tribs where there is no natural reproduction, then they should do so. Are these folks contributing anything  to support of the fishery, who knows? I know they have found that the rotting fish are beneficial to the environment, on a documentary I saw on salmon.

"On a non related topic. I also heard one of the Asians was smoking a marijuana cigarette and no one even cared."

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

This statement says a lot, lol.

Well now that's a completely different circumstance, time to send in the special forces.