Genesee River Salmon Massacre

It's a complete joke. As usual in this country, minority rules.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

YES!!!🗣 âœŒï¸ Edited by pap

Political correctness, sugar coating, and using $10 words is not my style... And I never used the words idiot .... Maybe ridiculous..lol...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I don't think they're referring to you, Matt. For the record, I'm not exactly PC and I sure don't sugar-coat what I think. Ridiculous...maybe a little  :rofl: .

You may not use $10 words, but I've always thought you expressed yourself well on here. We're all good.

Just consider me the Aretha Franklin of LOU, I get tired of the garbage posts. It's one thing to incorporate some snark into your comments, but it's another entirely to insult and demean. Luckily, most of the guys on here have some class, though we all step in it sometimes.

Anyway, I heard from a friend that the small tribs were getting pounded today by guys wading up the middle with no regard for anybody else. Surprise, surprise. I didn't join the circus; maybe I'll take a roller-coaster ride in a tree stand tomorrow morning. 

Gator you don't have to explain yourself, you're a good guy and a good sportsman. Your posts were gracious and considerate. Funny how people condemn people for what the believe with no regard for who they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United[/quote

Well said whaler!! I always enjoyed Gators posts just the way he carries himself in his posts, never are they one sided. I knew he was in the education scene as is my wife, they both express themselves in the same manner! Don't let others bewilde you Gater!! Your a good man!! PAP.

I don't think there's significant recruitment from the Genny because of the silt bottom and lack of suitable spawning habitat. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Back to knitting  :rofl:

I think recruitment in the GR is limited by temperatures as well as lack of suitable habitat.

Streams in the native range of Pacific salmon are nutrient (nitrogen compounds and phosphorus compounds) poor, and the salmon carcass is the major source of nutrients feeding the phytoplankton, zooplankton and invertebrates necessary for the young salmon to survive.  This is not the case with most of the tributaries to Lake Ontario (it is possible that the east end streams are somewhat nutrient deficient as they mainly originate in forested areas of the Tug Hill), these are receiving overloads of nutrients from agriculture and urban development, so the salmon carcasses only add to problems, especially in the embayments and estuaries, and the nearshore, where the "big nutrient flush" of Spring runoff gets trapped by the thermal bar.