For sale 2001 lund mr.pike 17 foot boat with trailer 8 000.00 firm

krux5506

Went to hemlock yesterday. Seems like weed are dieing off from what I see on shore,fishfinder, and weeds I brought in were green/brown. Didn't catch a thing. Winds picked up and had whitecaps. Everything in 40 fow @25-30 ft. Got skunked...lol.

I too look toward to fall. Its my first fall with a boat. Last week conesus was still 65 deg on surface. I'm shifting focus on smallies,walleye. But a bigmouth is always nice ! Let me know where you fish and how you did ! Dave

I fished Fair Haven last Saturday - decent conditions and the water dropped to around 65, from 75 the week before. I too got skunked, and that's been quite a pattern down there lately for me. Still hoping once the water gets into the 50s the fish will turn on. I keep my boat on a hoist down there and the water level is making me a bit nervous. If it goes down much more then I'll have to pull the boat earlier than I wanted to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's not good. Everybody is facing the drought issue. Tough situation. I'm in Rochester area an finger lakes extremely low. Sometimes forces deeper water techniques. I have a small 11' boat which I can launch in 6" of water with 2 people in it plus equip. Not the greatest boat but sure has its advantages. I still launch where nobody else can. Unless you have canoe etc. It's crazy. Many launches are completely dry in this area and water line below the gravel/asphault it's deep sandy mud. In fact some cottage owners have their boats anchored 100' out from their docks. Anyway, I guess when the temps drop the craw bite turns to minnow/baitfish ? I do well with Texas rig senko with half ounce bullet sinker and the spinner bite lately has picked up a little. Ttys

Not sure if you guys make it out toward Syracuse, but Onondaga Lake is really hot right now for me. All the bass are fat as can be and looking very healthy. Trick worms and counting down chatterbaits seems to be working for me. Don't be afraid to throw frogs still too

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Water level is crazy low this year, but we've seen it lower at our cottage. Luckily at the end of our dock we have about 10ft of water. Seems to me the low water levels all summer and the crazy temps also spiked the weed growth compared to last year.

I remember last October I was doing well Texas rigging flappin hog craws on a bass patrol swing jig and bouncing it along the bottom. Too many weeds to do that this year in the same spots. Spinnerbaits are a favorite too. No better way to cover water in my opinion.

Got a nice one yesterday, 5.07. Up in Canada at the cottage on a spinnerbait. Water conditions are about the same as they are here in NY. Largemouth are pushed into shore and smallmouth are starting to school up on the deeper edges.

post-160149-14761587056646_thumb.jpg

I agree with it being slow... the numbers have been down for me but size has been up... a couple og weeks ago my dad pulled a 4 and 5 pounder out of this one spot and then I followed it up with a 6.25 pounder today... like I said, both days those have been all we caught

Sent from my Z797C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Quality over quantity then. I fished a bit this past Saturday and it was slow and windy. Which has been the going rate since late August for me. Landed a few though, biggest in the 3lb range so really nothing too exciting. I'm about ready to call it for the season til April or so.

I'm right there with you... as soon as this one spot dies I'm going to switch iver solely to perch

Numbers down slightly, but size is way up. Still getting a few per outing. Got my biggest of the year last week, only to follow it up with a near PB on Saturday. attachicon.gifIMG_1476760444.654426.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_1476760444.654426.jpg

Dang! Nice! I think the hat helps!