I called the campground yesterday and asked about launching. She was honest and said small boats maybe and I should try the marina. I called there and was told the inner launch was good and I could launch before they open,just put money in box. We got there at dawn to find an inch of water at the end of the ramp. There is a wooden extension after the concrete but half of it is destroyed. Normally i fear no boat launch but not today. I might go back later with the yak.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The bays in the north end are all mud. There is an air boat sitting in the mud in one bay. The entire steel ramp at the campground is exposed. No boats at docks,even Justin's is out. At the marina I would say you could get a 12' tin can with a tiller in. My 18' boat:no way. Npike said he got in Conesus yesterday and got a pike over 10lbs. Said docks were out and launched with waders on. Waneta was good for the Troy;is the tournament still on for November? I may have to finish this season in my yak.

Water is super low. I have taken drastic measures and have been driving around with a paddleboat in the back of my truck for the past week because it's too shallow to launch my boat anywhere lol. Although, I watched a guy with a 20+ deep v with a 2 axle trailer pull out after a day on the lake on Sunday night. He had to coast in with the engine up though. Don't quote me, but Onondaga lake looked doable for a launch. Definitely better than otisco. Hoping this rain will boost up the levels a bit, but until then you can catch me in the paddleboat or from shore

As was mentioned one can still launch at Conesus (no docks) but be careful until out a ways it's very shallow and there's some rocks. One boat didn't have it's motor tilted up far enough out and I heard some real hitting the bottom when he went out. On Conesus lots of water is drawn out for public and industrial use. Most years nature takes care of this but not this year, it just keeps going down. Also if you drift away from the center portion  you can get stuck in less than 6" of mud, makes it tough on windy days.

As was mentioned one can still launch at Conesus (no docks) but be careful until out a ways it's very shallow and there's some rocks. One boat didn't have it's motor tilted up far enough out and I heard some real hitting the bottom when he went out. On Conesus lots of water is drawn out for public and industrial use. Most years nature takes care of this but not this year, it just keeps going down. Also if you drift away from the center portion  you can get stuck in less than 6" of mud, makes it tough on windy days.

I don't think water levels will be an issue after this rain in any of the Fingerlakes. 

I don't think water levels will be an issue after this rain in any of the Fingerlakes. 

I would be very skeptical. A couple of days of rain likely aren't going to make up for the fact that some of these lakes are 2.5 to > 4 feet down? BTW Chautauqua has plenty of water no problems there.

Edited by NPike

This was this mornings totals. They are going to come up a LOT.  It is not supposed to stop raining until Saturday around mid day. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1477060464.323042.jpg.

You can see the graph for Conesus Lake levels which are transmitted wirelessly. The graph on the website is somewhat accurate. Levels are actually lower than the graph shows but it's a good relative indicator. It's really a drop in the bucket so far. Click on the graph to expand.

http://www.conesuslake.org/

Edited by NPike

The graph looks like it is going straight up. The lakes are low but this will bring them at least back to normal for this time of the year.  It is not possible for this much rain to not affect the levels significantly. 

My last comment on the topic. I just talked to Ted at Ted's Tackle at the north end of Conesus by the dam and he hasn't noticed a significant increase in lake levels at all. Still no water over the dam.

I imagine it will be different for every lake. Surrounding elevations, wetlands/watershed and lake size will affect each lake differently. Some could have water running into them for days or weeks after a big rain. Some small lakes with hills all around can fill up very quick.