WHI, Salmon Slam and 1k a day

What week will this all be taking place. Had a great time and can't wait until next year tourney. Going to do all there this year and take the week off.

I'll fish regardless but it being the day before Mother's Day is tough especially for the guys whom are traveling back to were ever they came from. I guess if you win and have a whole bunch of cash and bring that home to you're wife and mom it makes things easier. For the rest of us it was much more difficult. Thanks for understanding. It's a great tourney and thanks for the effort putting it together. Like I said we will be there regardless of date, just a suggestion.

I'll fish regardless but it being the day before Mother's Day is tough especially for the guys whom are traveling back to were ever they came from. I guess if you win and have a whole bunch of cash and bring that home to you're wife and mom it makes things easier. For the rest of us it was much more difficult. Thanks for understanding. It's a great tourney and thanks for the effort putting it together. Like I said we will be there regardless of date, just a suggestion.

We understand, but since the inception it's been the weekend of Mothers Day. 

• 1 month later...

Oh my, that sounds like it is organized by a group of orphaned divorcees.

Hahahaha

Our worst turnout in 5 years was 52 teams, and our best was 72. We get teams coming from Canada, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and a few other from the East Coast. It's a great time!

That's great. I have a lot of respect for everyone who organize these events. It takes a lot of time and it often is a thankless job. It just sounded like the author of that blurb had never thought of Mother's Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks rolmops!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Any idea of number of teams in the salmon slam. I am reallly looking forward to this event. Also is the WHI full of 50 teams. 

11 hours ago, RD9 said:

Any idea of number of teams in the salmon slam. I am reallly looking forward to this event. Also is the WHI full of 50 teams. 

We never know on the SS until mid week. Last I knew we were close to 50 on the WHI.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as the Salmon slam do I need any paperwork. I just paid online all I really have is my PayPal receipt. I would assume they have the names at the wiegh in. 

24 minutes ago, RD9 said:

As far as the Salmon slam do I need any paperwork. I just paid online all I really have is my PayPal receipt. I would assume they have the names at the wiegh in. 

You'll get paperwork for each fish you weigh in. Bring your Paypal receipt with you and you'll be all set.

As far as how the fish are kept prior to wiegh in on the 1k a day, Salmon slam and WHI. What is considered watering?  For example on my boat I have both a live well and in floor fish cooler. We have always left the cooler for wiegh in at the dock (maximizing room in back of the boat). We then transfer the fish from the boat to the cooler with a small bag of ice. When then fish are on the boat in the live well and or fish box are those fish allowed to be kept in water/ice?