Good morning shoot

Hunted my buddy's marsh this morning using layout blinds along the edge of the marsh. After placing goose and mallard decoys we began to have birds arriving in small groups. The birds were apparently feeding on grass along the edge of the marsh where rains had raised the water. We ended up shooting 6 geese, 4 mallards and 2 black ducks. Great to see them cup and come in feet down!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Hunted my buddy's marsh this morning using layout blinds along the edge of the marsh. After placing goose and mallard decoys we began to have birds arriving in small groups. The birds were apparently feeding on grass along the edge of the marsh where rains had raised the water. We ended up shooting 6 geese, 4 mallards and 2 black ducks. Great to see them cup and come in feet down!

Congrats to your hunt Kevin, did you kill a deer yet? This winter you'll be have surf & turf and for Thanksgiving a stuffed duck with a wild turkey, Man you could have a large spread of earth air and sea, for Tgiving. Take care and be safe out there. PAP.

Pap,

I did shoot a buck with muzzle loader. Freezers are stuffed so I'm sharing a lot with hunting buddies and friends.

That's the idea of it!! Today we are cutting meat ourselves, some of my buddies hunt in Ohio. They gave me and my uncle a whole deer cut into quarters. Dave wants me to make jerky out of his hinde, I said then I'll grind the front blades into hamburger, and the other hinde, we'll make the steaks. I cut the hind out into how the meat is like in sections, when I'm done I have 4-5 pieces then cut the steaks with the grain. I envy your lifestyle, keep up with the outdoor activities, & never say never. Stay warm, you guys might see some white stuff today, just north of us it's snowing now!! PAP