I wasn't in the Oswego Co. tournement so kind of felt like I was singing a different tune than others. Boy the lake got pretty empty around weigh in time. Left my boat as the only target for the biting flies. When I shooed the flies, my boat floated higher by about an inch. I think I had more fly meat on the boat than fish meat.

Met 2 forum members Saturday, fireplug and thompsm7, and trolled all day from 80 fow through 560 fow. Managed to take 1 steelie at 90/125 on an NBK copper back. 1 other savage hit that stole an SSW about 90/145. Slow day, hot and lots of flies. 5 pm T-storm wrapped 2 riggers and 3 wires into a FUBAR but we managed to get all undone with no loss, just a few bear patches on my probe cable.

Sunday fished with The Proffesor and bounced back with a great morning. We followed the tournement pack out of the break water and planned on stoping at 100 fow but when we hit 70 feet we started marking a lot of fish and bait. We took a quick vote and decided it was better to work the fish we saw under our keel than head off in search of others so we set down there. The toruney fleet either missed the marks or had other things in mind. We managed 9 for 12 on browns. They seemed to like 2.2 on the ball and 70/80. Lost a nice one 6 inches shy of the net. Took a double on 1 rod in a 3-way contest between the main line, cheater and me. Got them both in the boat. Copper back NBK and NK-28 glow frog took all but 1 which came on a blue dophin. We kept a limit of 3-5 pounders. 70 degrees can be mighty cold when you are soaked all day. Begged off on the afternoon run due to the rain and chills.

Monday morning The Proffesor and I met up with Amazing Action and a friend. The fish were still full from Sunday's buffet. Everyone seemed to be struggling. We converted 15 gallons of gas into 1-3# laker. It came at 90/125 on a glow frog. We had 2 or 3 hit and runs. Amazing Action has fished with me 2 times now and each time we get 1 laker and nothing else I think I'll call him Slob Action until his curse is broken or maybe Amazing Slob. I thought I would mention that The Proffesor works the back of the boat very well. Fast and accurate-he taught me a few things. I am however, trying to understand his reason for tossing my spoons over the back without first snapping them to the leader. With his skill and experience, I'm sure he has a good reason but I've yet to grasp it

We pulled wire dipsies and slide divers, a thumper and DRs, and 1 inline. We dragged flies and spoons through the water but all hits came on spoons off the DR's.

Temps were erratic. 72 on the surface dropping to only 68 at 70 down. Found 38 degrees at 100-115 feet but it was erratic; 38 then 55 then 42 all within 10 seconds. Didn't mark any bait or fish past about 350 fow. Saw the most bait and marks between 70 and 150 fow.

The fleas were very bad on Saturday, better on Sunday and mostly missing on Monday (at least in my water column).

Blew a fuse on a rigger at the surface on the last retrieve of the day. Sure glad it wasn't the first retrieve as I didn't have a spare.

I enjoyed the weekend and made some friends. Even managed to match a river float guide with a prospective customer (Thom, when will I get my commission?). Had 5 different guests aboard over the weekend. You guys are welcome back.

Yeah, you were pretty excited. Matt opened the cooler 10 times to look at his fish if he did it once.

10 times is a low estimate. Hope to have a pic of him up later this evening, holding 'the one that didn't get away'.

Had a good time with some great guys. Hope to get back out on the Big O soon.