Waneta?

Yes, next Sat., Nov 5th.

The tournament is a Muskies Inc. Chapter 69 tournament so it uses Muskies Inc. points system (4 points for a 30" fish and one point for each additional inch). You add points for all your fish. 1st through 3rd place awards are awarded by number of total points.

Entry fee is $25 for Muskies Inc. members with an additional $10 for non-members. There will also be a  Big Fish Pool for $5 per angler. The longest fish caught by an angler entered in the pool takes the pool.

Here is a link to the complete rules.

Tournament hours are 7am to 3:30pm. Registration will be between 6am and 7am at the launch on the morning of the tournament. Anglers fish entry forms must be turned in by 4:15pm and prizes will be awarded soon after.

Depending on weather and turnout, we may have a cookout and a raffle table at the pavilion in the town of Wayne at the north end of the lake. No alcoholic beverages are allowed there.

Edited by muskiedreams

Anyone going? I have spoke with a few who arent. Weather looks good for saturday so we can plan that cookout n raffle. With Ronix and Solgrande not there, I may stand a chance in this one, now if I could just have Blueeyes stay at home with dad responsibilities. ........... then I'd stand a real chance!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am wondering the same thing. Jim and I have to be at the launch at 6am to sign people up. Hope it is worthwhile. I believe one team is coming from the Chautauqua area. That is all I know of so far.

We were there on Wednesday. We had the lake to ourselves. It was dead calm with water temp. of 52* to 53*. Saw one big swirl and a few nice hooks but no takers except an over ambitious 10" perch.

BlueEye might not be there unless he is planning on a double header. I think he is fishing with Joe in the NMA TWMT on the Niagara on Sunday.

Dan Lacko took 1st place with 3 fish. Largest he had was 47".

There was a tie for 2nd place with 26 points. I don't have the names of those two. They agreed to add 2nd and 3rd place prizes and split the amount. One of them had the largest fish, and won the big fish pool, which was a beautiful 51.5 " fish (rounded up to 52" for points). He was John Hafner's partner. The other angler caught 2 fish for the same number of points. He was fishing with Capt. Ed Cragg. His first fish and the big fish caught by the other angler were both caught at 8:30 am.

How do these tourneys work? Is there an observer? I'm assuming these fish are released, just curious

Picture is taken of measurement and witnessed by other participant on boat. Also a picture of angler with fish, usually. For a tournament with substantial prizes, you can also have an object such as a sticker or pin that is issued to participants at the start of the tournament which must be in the picture.

Steve...if you could help me out and send the results to me( names)that would be great, also I'd like a pic of a few of the fish caught(dans 47"& Bryan's 51 & a pic of the other winner- need a name).Ill get these in for the next issue of Muskie mag.Cookout, raffle????any other details will be great.Plus any other club news.

Thx

Bob, Jim has all the submission forms. I can send emails to John Haffner to see if he or his fishing partner can send a picture of the 51.5" fish and to Dan to and ask him to send pictures of the three fish he caught and also to Ed Cragg to see if he or his client can send pictures of those fish.