WTB Abu Rod

All I run is fenwick now. Reasonably priced, super sensitive, and extremely durable. Good warranty service too

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Honestly never really looked at them, I always looked at Fenwick as only fly rods to be honest

Sent from my Z797C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My experience with Fenwick rods was terrible and would never ever own another thing made by Fenwick!! I purchased a Fenwick rod at Fay's in Watertown Ny. Spooled it with 4 pound Fireline the first cast in the Black River I thought I had a hit and did your normal pull on the rod to set the hook, no I didn't rip on the rod like a nut job!! The rod snapped off by the 2nd eye from the tip, I called Fenwick they told me to send it back to them, which I did. They told me the Cherry wood series is discontinued and they wouldn't credit me the price of the rod towards a differant rod. It was their walleye series rod it was a IM6 graphite 6.6ft pole. I paid $115.00 back then. I never had such a piss poor customer service to this day. 1 cast pole snapped in half and a week later I'm out of $115.00 + tax. That was the first and last pole I ever purchased in the Fenwick name.

Your right there tman12, just like last year I said how my BSA lighted rectical scope was so great, wow did I get shut down quick, if only they would have worked with me a little I wouldn't have a sour taste in me yet. If I remember right I think they were going through tough times. If their prices aren't so bad maybe I'll take a look. Good luck with them!!

Your right the cherry wood was a Berkley rod, that was the rod Danny busted on a big pike on the Black River above the dam, BUT Fenwick did not work with me on their faulty rod. Sorry I got the Cherry Wood name confused with the walleye series IM6 graphite Jigging rod made by Fenwick, we are watching the election and to make conversation, David my uncle said the Cherry Wood wasn't your $115.00 1 cast later busted pole. So I was going to edit the post but you guys caught it already. Sorry for the miss named rod, cause when David said it was a dark green rod I knew I screwed it up. PAP