Shore fishing

Dylan585

We pulled our boat last weekend buy this weather has been killing me with wanting to fish... I want to get out this weekend and go someplaces from shore. My pan right now is to start in rush at this Creek I know for smallies and work my way back... I plan on hitting mendon, a secret small pond, and finally the canal and see if the smallies are biting there... does anybody have any other suggestions? I have no issue going anywhere within about 45 minutes of Rochester...

Sent from my Z797C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fished the Creek in rush since I was a kid. Your best shot is above the falls this time of year but you won't get back too far on foot. At the falls fish have moved out befor summer. But your odds of getting anything there are pretty slim unless you have a kayak. Even then,it's slim chance. Where ever you go make sure there is some deeper water around, like a point. This time of year they are following baitfish which means deeper water. They are transitioning to winter homes. Hrs of available sunlight and water temps are the biggest factors especially on creeks. Lakes are different story. Good luck

I fished the Creek in rush since I was a kid. Your best shot is above the falls this time of year but you won't get back too far on foot. At the falls fish have moved out befor summer. But your odds of getting anything there are pretty slim unless you have a kayak. Even then,it's slim chance. Where ever you go make sure there is some deeper water around, like a point. This time of year they are following baitfish which means deeper water. They are transitioning to winter homes. Hrs of available sunlight and water temps are the biggest factors especially on creeks. Lakes are different story. Good luck

I got a couple of small ones a few weeks ago... but if nothing lse I can stop at our friends resteraunt

Sent from my Z797C using Lake Ontario United mobile app