Trespassers

whaler1

So a week ago a guy puts a stand on my property (9feet on but articulated directly on my field) My kid meets him walking right across our field to his truck that is parked on our lane way. He says neighbor gave him permission. Says he put the stand there because he saw a big deer. When I tell him he's trespassing he says "so are you going to run me off?" Says he also has "permission " to drive down my lane way. I tell him to get out and he now backs up the stand 20 feet, still pointing towards my field.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I would have to say It's time to contact the neighbors. 1. to see if he really has permission and 2. to see if your neighbor is level headed and wants irresponsible hunters on their property. Hopefully you know/ have a decent relationship with your neighbor which is not always the case  :ninja:  :hi:

I agree with boho607 ,

What was done down here , guy parked in barway , said he had permission for so and so  was told it was his land not so and so. Guy parked there again next day , came back to find it covered with cow sh*t from the spreader . He never came back

And that's how they do it down there !!!!!! :lol::yes:

I agree with boho607 ,

What was done down here , guy parked in barway , said he had permission for so and so  was told it was his land not so and so. Guy parked there again next day , came back to find it covered with cow sh*t from the spreader . He never came back

I agree with boho607 ,

AAAHH now that's how you have to deal with stupid!! Just cover it up. LOL great job!! Farmer!! LMAO

Last year the property owner of the land I hunt was hunting and had a guy walk right past him during gun season. The owner asked who gave him permission to hunt there and he said the owners name not knowing that he was speaking to the owner... there are some real ding dongs out there

Take pictures of it. Mark in on a gps, if you see him in it take a picture of him. Save any pictures on trailcams etc and note where and when those were taken. Take pics of the car and plate, each time you see it and write notes of when you spoke to him and advised of the trespass and have seen the car. That will make it a slam dunk for DEC and prosecutor if it comes to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Be careful and be preemptive. My brother in-law had a very similar issue down in the Scottsville area. Same as you the nieghbor gave him permission and the hunter pushed it. When confronted the hunter move back to just outside the property line but hunting my brother in-laws field. After my brother in-law confronted him again the guy called the DEC and the Econ Officer gave my brother in-law a strong warning regarding hunter harassment. Amazing country we're the idiots know how to use the law against the people who should be n the right.

I just stopped a trespasser carrying a ladder stand down the edge of the field. Apparently he was pulling his stand out of the property to the south so he could put it on the property to the north all by walking through the middle property. I had to explain to him what private property is. He explained to me that he got permission 25 years ago. He also couldn't name the owner of any of the properties. Local guy. Crossed three lines of posted signs to get here. Wtf.

It's seems as hunters that our own worst enemy is other hunters. There seems to be a large share of guys who simply don't care about anything but themselves and it affects all of us. Trespassing, theft, damaged to property are all things that keep us from opportunities with landowners who have a bad taste in their mouth. I feel I do the right thing. I knock on doors and get permission. I introduced myself to neighbors. I maintain posted signs. I send gift cards as a sign of appreciation. While you have these other guys running around raping and pillaging everything in sight. No wonder it's getting tougher to get permission from land owners. In the first month of the 2016 season I have had a memory card stolen from a camera, a camera stolen, and the bottom section of a ladder stand stolen. One trespasser caught. Last year... One stand stolen and one camera. Two trespassers caught. All from different spots. These low lifes exist everywhere apparently. Pretty sad too when it's the neighbors who trespass. Too bad we can't just shoot on site and display their heads on spikes for others to see. I know i would feel better.

It's seems as hunters that our own worst enemy is other hunters. There seems to be a large share of guys who simply don't care about anything but themselves and it affects all of us. Trespassing, theft, damaged to property are all things that keep us from opportunities with landowners who have a bad taste in their mouth. I feel I do the right thing. I knock on doors and get permission. I introduced myself to neighbors. I maintain posted signs. I send gift cards as a sign of appreciation. While you have these other guys running around raping and pillaging everything in sight. No wonder it's getting tougher to get permission from land owners. In the first month of the 2016 season I have had a memory card stolen from a camera, a camera stolen, and the bottom section of a ladder stand stolen. One trespasser caught. Last year... One stand stolen and one camera. Two trespassers caught. All from different spots. These low lifes exist everywhere apparently. Pretty sad too when it's the neighbors who trespass. Too bad we can't just shoot on site and display their heads on spikes for others to see. I know i would feel better.

You are not legally allowed to shoot them, But maybe a big sign saying "trespassers will be shot" may help get the message across.

Edited by rolmops

Remember when you asked your dad to go hunting and he said I don't know ain't what it used to be son!!?? Welcome back to dads era!!! Ain't what it used to be.