Trespassers

whaler1

This is the last thing you ever want to see walk out of your sancuary!

attachicon.gifSmartSelectImage_2016-11-16-20-35-41.png

He just couldn't resist sneaking around after he seen deer on my property from the road. Even though I have it posted tighter than a frogs a$$

The amish are sure living up to there reputation down here!

This faimily bought 120 acre farm 1mi down the road apparently that's not enough land for the 20 guys that live there.

So like any other hungry predator he's leaving his territory to find more food! They watch me like a hawk and pattern my hunt.

Maybe he was looking for a place to build u a shed?[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My personal experience is to turn them in.  It is more than a slap on the wrist because the clan seniority doesn't like that kind of attention and they will take care of it. 

But with that said, I work with people all over the world and i have found that sinners are everywhere.  Myself included and I am not saying it is right but I understand the inclination to hunt.  The land availlable (neighbors) has dwindled for me over the last few decades and made deer movements hard to take advantage of.  This can lead to temptation to tresspass but I decided it was better for the herd to leave well alone  I know where the sanctuaries are and to me it is a good thing that apparently no one (or many) else does because I keep hearing people who have lived there for decades say the deer herd isn't what it use to be.  It is pretty good.

Our posted signs have deteriorated.  I am curious if someone will attempt to hunt it with the "I didn't know it was posted" excuse.

This is the last thing you ever want to see walk out of your sancuary!

attachicon.gifSmartSelectImage_2016-11-16-20-35-41.png

He just couldn't resist sneaking around after he seen deer on my property from the road. Even though I have it posted tighter than a frogs a$$

The amish are sure living up to there reputation down here!

This faimily bought 120 acre farm 1mi down the road apparently that's not enough land for the 20 guys that live there.

So like any other hungry predator he's leaving his territory to find more food! They watch me like a hawk and pattern my hunt.

Maybe he was looking for a place to build u a shed?[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United[/quote

Those Amish people are some rude people, they use their Pa. Dutch language and the I don't know, or anything else regarding the law! They came came up to public hunting grounds which I used to hunt, they came in 3 of those a 10 passenger vans and guys and girls from mentor hunters to adult hunters, they took the mentors to stand a head and the rest of the army combed the mountain top like a well groomed show dog the mentor hunters shot and shot, what ever came, brown it's down, then the adults just put tags on what ever they had no idea who's deer was who's!! They litterly shot off the whole mountain. They did this a few times till the long arm of the law caught up with them. Haven't saw a Amish dude up there since. But the damage was done, it will take years till this recovers if ever. I took notice the last time I ran up 81 towards Alexandria Bay, the Amish bought a lot of those older farms that we're going to hell. Nice to see the farms fixed back up!! But beware if there's wildlife on those farms there won't be for long. It's not that I don't like the Amish, I have no ill feelings till they use their beliefs and religion to not follow the rules, that you and I have to. I shouldn't say this but I'm going to anyway!! Ask any Amish if they ever got drafted in the Vietnam war?, I take my buddy to the V.A. Once a month, and the Amish were selling their homemade goodies, needless to say their table and all their goodies went flying down the steps. Theses guys don't forgive or forget!!

Edited by pap

A friend of mine up on the Tug Hill gave a couple of the local Amish permission to fish his pond, then last spring wondered why the fishing was so poor!   If you have a problem with stunted panfish, they can clean a pond very quickly and thoroughly, your problem will be keeping them out aft you restock.

A friend of mine up on the Tug Hill gave a couple of the local Amish permission to fish his pond, then last spring wondered why the fishing was so poor!   If you have a problem with stunted panfish, they can clean a pond very quickly and thoroughly, your problem will be keeping them out aft you restock.

X2

Hey guys I lurk this thread along with all of the others. Ill try and make it a quick short one. My opinion is very similar to the others who have mentioned the level of intrusion you feel you have. I know Some may disagree and some may agree but I am one who feels if if possible introduce yourself to neighbors in person especially if your property is out of town. Acknowledge your intentions for your land, and do your homework on properly posting your property, neighbors can be a great resource.

If your property is marked properly (NYS DEC site has the regulations for review) you should determine what type of offender you have. A simple neighbor who's intentions are harmless but need to be addressed or a neighbor who decides he is going to take advantage of your absence. In the case of the trail cam pics I would show some neighbors, send some texts with the pics if you have their cellphone# , and advise the proper law enforcement. Even if you don't find him immediately word will spread your property is monitored, and neighbors hopefully will be more likely notice anything further. Creating a working network of neighbor or adjacent hunters is always your best bet. Again only my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Very easy to solve. This is how my neighbor solved trespassing on his 750 acres bordering Letchworth State Park. If you get caught on his land for any reason he called State Police, not DEC,and had them arrested for trespassing. No warnings, no excuses, no explanations.And whenever possible he would have vehicles towed. He has not had a trespassing problem in over 15 years.

So today my son runs into a bunch of guys not just hunting our property east of Sandy but driving it. One of the guys is a frequent poster on this site. Pretty disappointing.

Now that's the icing on the cake!!

This I just noticed today!! While feeding my chickens I noticed something bright yellow in the back of my property. A few months ago I saw these 2 guys walking up my property line, so I went out and said, what are you guys up to, Oh we are surveyors, O really what are you surveying, they said the right away for the power company, O ok then have at it fella's, well they lied they were surveying a lot off in the back of my house which I own. Today I walk up to poster nailed to a tree in a line down past my neighbors, which is relations to my wife's side of the family, not to mention facing my house. Now I'm Po'd some jackass put posters on trees that belong to me. At first I was Flaming mad to say the least, but I have another avenue I'm going to take. My property borders his on 3 sides, and my land was purchased before the you can not, not refuse a right away, that's how I got the 5 1/2 acres so cheap. He has to get approval from me and my next door neighbor and from the other side the land angles to a point that he would need my approval for a driveway right away it's only 20 ft and I gave the power company the right to put a pole with a transformer on. So he's screwed, last name of this dude I can't even pronounce!! Lol. Now I know you can't legally nail a tree stand in a tree, so I'm going to look into the legality of nailing signs on a tree. This move in bastard isn't getting the best of me!! I lived here my whole life and no move in is going to push me around!!! I know this doesn't pertain to you landowners but I thought I'd share this with you guys. PAP

So today my son runs into a bunch of guys not just hunting our property east of Sandy but driving it. One of the guys is a frequent poster on this site. Pretty disappointing.

Today is state-wide deer drive day! Yipee!!! :puke:   I try to use it to my advantage cause I know its coming.  Funny how the drivers peak onto the property to see if they see any orange coats then turn tail.

I have had trespassers in the past years not wear orange at all!! I watched a guy cross an adjacent property above mine and straight over my line wearing an older real tree brown...no sh!! I was shocked I ran to him wearing orange he acted stunned ...unbelievable the made up sh;; you here when caught in the act...

Post your land and add keep out signs and trail cams it helps..ALOT