Trespassers

whaler1

The newer Moultries have straps but I am sure there is a cable that can be purchased.

I have a feeling that these people would destroy the camera if they couldn't get it off the tree though...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

https://www.amazon.com/Trail-Camera-Guardian-Security-Better/dp/B01CTBI5CC/ref=pd_ybh_a_8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JECPAWM3YS8J9EDCYN3S

Cables aren't the answer...a hatchet will cut it better than about anything...I had several cut and stolen. I gave up on securing them. I'm gonna get ones that send the pics if I ever buy anymore. Deer hunting brings out the worst in many people unfortunately.

Justin Okrepki

NYSDEC licensed guide #7324

www.otiscolakeguideservice.com

(607)-349-1750

Wow, this trespassers thread got some milage, lol. Just got caught up. It's a war of attrition and it gets costly. I put in a couple of cameras that are linked to my phone and email. They send pics within 10 - 60 secs. I also put, " notice , property under video surveillance "signs on logging roads. Also have cameras in hollowed out logs and stumps. Unbelievable what you have to do. They can't beat you in court when they're looking right at the camera and don't even know it. Last week during bear, guy ran his hounds through the property. Wait till I get his ass. You can't fix stupid!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Oh, here's one from last year to go with the tree standers. Guy puts up a brand new double stand, like 22 footer. Probably cost $250. Ran into him in his stand during archery, asked what he was doing, and if he had permission. He said, " what's it to you ?" Told him to get his stand and leave. Told me to F off. So I left before my anger got the better of me. Came back next day with my faithful chain saw. Dropped an 80' oak right on it. Oops my bad didn't see the tree stand. 2 days later.....stand was gone, never saw him again.

Oh, here's one from last year to go with the tree standers. Guy puts up a brand new double stand, like 22 footer. Probably cost $250. Ran into him in his stand during archery, asked what he was doing, and if he had permission. He said, " what's it to you ?" Told him to get his stand and leave. Told me to F off. So I left before my anger got the better of me. Came back next day with my faithful chain saw. Dropped an 80' oak right on it. Oops my bad didn't see the tree stand. 2 days later.....stand was gone, never saw him again.

LOL that worked!!!

My buddy ran into some locals on his families hunting property on opening day 15+ years ago. He kinda knew them, they lived just up the road. He explained to them that his grandfather had passed away and no one other then family had permission to be there. Well the situation got ugly. Really ugly. And for no real reason other then it was deer season and they wanted to hunt there. So my short tempered buddy walked up to the barn, grabbed a chain saw, and returned back to woods. He then cut the tree down with their tree stand still in it while they watched. Needless to say, he never spoke to them again. 

Wow, this trespassers thread got some milage, lol. Just got caught up. It's a war of attrition and it gets costly. I put in a couple of cameras that are linked to my phone and email. They send pics within 10 - 60 secs. I also put, " notice , property under video surveillance "signs on logging roads. Also have cameras in hollowed out logs and stumps. Unbelievable what you have to do. They can't beat you in court when they're looking right at the camera and don't even know it. Last week during bear, guy ran his hounds through the property. Wait till I get his ass. You can't fix stupid!

What cameras did you end up getting? That is exactly what I want to do. Have been having a problem all year long. It was obvious seeing it in the snow with gut pile on land, scumbags. They even stole my camera I had on the main trail. Heard these wireless cams have gps in them in case they are stolen? Desperate for response

Edited by fmrdd0331

Browning, and moltree

Do you have the type of cams? Price? I understand certain ones come with cell plans per month but only work with specific phone plans. Looking at getting tomorrow to catch s*** heads. Just got wardens' card to call. State land near so if i get a text pic i can call him. Just dont want to get hosed but walk in with some info.

Thanks

Browning, and moltree

Do you have the type of cams? Price? I understand certain ones come with cell plans per month but only work with specific phone plans. Looking at getting tomorrow to catch s*** heads. Just got wardens' card to call. State land near so if i get a text pic i can call him. Just dont want to get hosed but walk in with some info.

Thanks

Thanks

Here is a detailed review of the Moultrie mobile.

You can do it for less than $300 too. Cabelas and Bass Pro have the Moultrie Mobile for $200 right now and you can get several different models of Moultrie cameras for under $100.

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/articles/equipment/MoultrieMobileReview/

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by reeleyz

ASK HIM NEXT TIME PAY 1\2 THE TAXES AND FOR A PARKING PERMIT PLUS A LEASE FOR THE LAND AND A CHARGE PER Ich also trophy points cost extra also the law says u call the cops if he is parked on property then he would have his truck towed plus expense of getting it out of impound I always said hit it where it hurts $$$ money

Need an app that senses and locks on to their phone GPS when they enter your property. Then tracks them from there and sends alert with tracking to police so they can track them down and arrest them. The tracking history is the evidence.

Hey Muskie you might be on to something, I watch a show were they tracked a 60 Minutes tv anker, Dianne Sawyer from the US. to Europe and all over over there and bank again, just by her cell phone. She was pissed!! But your phone is your personal GPS on yourself, figure out how to lock on their phones and bingo!!

Need an app that senses and locks on to their phone GPS when they enter your property. Then tracks them from there and sends alert with tracking to police so they can track them down and arrest them. The tracking history is the evidence.

Yea

No, we don't need an app that is able to lock onto a person and track their every move

Edited by bandrus1

The irony of the trespassers. Yesterday was doe opener for my area in Pa. Moved a stand on Wed. in the rain for a field set. 3 guys snuck in from the bottom and bounce a bunch of skin heads to me. Wacked a fatty, sat for 20 minutes and then wacked a half rack that picked up their trail. Happy for the meat, now I can finish my season with the grandson next Saturday.