rod-n reel selection help

Not sure if this should be in tackle section or here, but my question is......

I'm wondering if you could recommend a decent trolling rod for walleye and stick baits.  Planer boards would be used and occasionally a torpedo weight.  But mainly stick baits 8-30' fow.  Been looking at Okuma Pro series....I'm thinking 7'10" to 8'6"?  M or ML???  What reel....Diawa 27 or 47?  Willing to use straight mono or braid...I have my lead core reels already.  Penns?  On mostly Otisco, Onieda, Owasco.  Trying to keep affordable....got any?  PM me...I'll keep checking classifieds.  

If you using walleye boards like tx 44 I have seen 7' to 7'6 med heavy to heavy rods, braided or mono main line with fluoro leader. Trolling for walleye from what I understand is slower than salmonid. Don't think you have to go big or get too crazy unless you want too.

I currently am using Okuma Deadeye rods for my board rods.  I think they are 8'6" long and are telescopic which is nice when you put them away.  I'm not familiar with Diawa's but any decent reel with mono will do.  I use the Offshore boards and if you use braid they suggest upgrading the front clip to the OR 18 clip. 

Edited by Fishmaster 196

I'd go with the 27s. You could get away with 17s, but the 27 will give you more versatility if you decide to hit big water. As far as rods go, a 7'0 med action will work just fine with boards, I run ugly stiks, the old cal 1100s (which are discontinued) and the new gx2s.

You like the telescopic s?  They work?  BTW, great feed back.  I have some of the ugly sticks and love them...I am an ugly stick fan for alot of my rods...but have been thinking about the Deadeyes...so you both confirmed a lot of my thoughts...Thanks guys!!