Coated cable

Need some info. On a place to purchase a better coated cable for my Depth Raider. Has anyone found a supplier for 180 lb. or stronger cable that will work for this application. I really like this type of speed/temp. Unit but I'm tired of buying replacement probes. Supplier and part number would be awesome........thank you in advance! Rollie

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Need some info. On a place to purchase a better coated cable for my Depth Raider. Has anyone found a supplier for 180 lb. or stronger cable that will work for this application. I really like this type of speed/temp. Unit but I'm tired of buying replacement probes. Supplier and part number would be awesome........thank you in advance! Rollie

Hey, I got your e-mail, but didn't have an e-mail address to respond to since you entered the question into a form on my website. Please don't think I blew you off. You don;t need 180lb test. What makes you think you do is the first question that comes to mind.

Well, I like to run 15 lb. weights, and this year I sent #5 and #6 to Dave jones locker(with probe and release). At 300.00 a wack I'm looking to INSURE that I won't drop another one. I run 180lb. On the port rigger and never lost a weight.

I read some where that they used camera cable for the depth raider and was hoping to get some info. On it . It may be 150 lb. test but it has to work better than the coated cable that I have been using ...

I never had a coated cable break that wasnt my fault. I run the Depth Raider with 15 lb torpedos on Cannon riggers

What brand of cable are you using?

How are you terminating the end?

What kind or rigger are you using it on ?

Edited by bout time

Moor sub troll cable, cannon terminator designed for the elect. Connection, scotties.... guess no one knows about the camera cable.... will keep looking

I don't know FF. I've been running the sub troll cable on my Scottys for a long time and never had a break. I just re-terminate every season and good to go. I use crimps though and Cannon Terminators on my non probe riggers. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

FF I'm guessing you're losing or breaking things off becasue of some other factor. We run the normal coated cable with a 15lb weight all year long without any issues. If you go to a thicker/heavier coated cable you are going to see a big difference in blow back. How about you post some pics of your set-up? From the rigger to the connections?