Snows

steelie

I've been watching some birds but there has only been about 100 Canada geese there so I was leaving them to build bigger numbers. Well, with the full moon and north winds 3 snows showed up with them Saturday. I decided to hunt them as we do not get many snows in far western NY. Long story short, the entire flock showed up together. found the 3 snows coming in and we dusted 2 of them. Even though that was the only birds we shot, it was well worth it.. post-147003-1479151173499_thumb.jpgpost-147003-14791511829086_thumb.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I saw something interesting last weekend but I was unable to post until now. Has anyone ever come across an albino Canada Goose? The reason that I ask is that last weekend after I had my limit and while I was waiting for ducks to come in, I ended up with about 250-275 Canadas on the pond. All looked like your typical Canada, but one was gray. You could still make out the markings on the cheeks and the difference in back and breast but overall the entire goose was a shade of gray.

Has anyone else ever seen this? I wanted to take this one only due to the coloration, but since I was at my 3 bird limit, I was forced to wait until the ducks came in.

I have seen those too.., This was different. It was really like varying shades of grey but you could still make out the white cheeks and butt feathers. Just a weird sight. If that one is still in the area on Wednesday, I'll try to pic it out, but with all the winds and snow here who knows where it is now.