Does your gun shop have any 375 Winchester ammo?

Todd in NY

I'm getting a lever action rifle rebored to 375 Winchester and I am looking for some factory ammunition for it. I reload too, but I'd like to find a box or two of factory ammunition. None of the gun shops in my area have any. If you can send me a PM to let me know that your local shop has some in stock, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and be safe!

I'd call MidWay USA. They should have the ammo plus all the goodies to reload your own, those guys are super helpful. I have a 25-06 I almost got rid of. I won the rifle, laminated stock heavy barrel and it had a steel colored barrel Teflon coated, Ruger Mark ?? Whatever. Couldn't get this gun to shoot for shyt, called midway and they told me to take the gun to a good gun smith, he said it sounds like it's losing head pressure. Ya OK? So I did and that's EXCACTLY what the problem was. The gun smith said it must have been one of the last before they changed the reamer?? So he worked his magic and know that gun shoots great. But if it weren't for MidWay USA I would have sold this gun, with a guilty conscience.

You might be able to find some online from one of the big retailers and get it shipped pretty quick if you're trying to hunt with that gun in the next week or so.  I've been getting ammo from Target Sports USA but mostly 22's and 38's.  They have free shipping if you buy a larger quantity.  A lot of people in NY don't even realize you can now buy ammo online and have it shipped to your house again since they changed that part of the SAFE act last year.  

Edited by slipbob

Thanks for all the replies guys! Someone on Armslist is selling a box of 20 for $90... I'm sure he won't sell it at that price! The gun auction sites aren't much better. Midwayusa sells it for $45 a box when they have it in stock, but its unavailable at this time. I check the major big box stores almost every day, like Gander, Cabelas and Bass Pro. The problem is that Winchester only makes it on a limited seasonal run, so my only hopes of getting some factory ammo this time of year might be some new old stock collecting dust at a gun shop where it's not such a "popular" caliber. My gun shop had 3 older white boxes about 2 years ago but I didn't have a 375 Winchester at the time. Needless to say, someone came in a bought all three boxes over a year ago.

I ordered bullets and reloading dies online already. I found some 38-55 brass at Midwayusa that I can re-size with my 375Win dies, then trim to the correct length. The brass is a little thinner than 375 brass so I will have to load them on the conservative side, which I typically do anyway. Buying a box or two of factory ammo just gives me the correct brass that I can use for many years.

Tomorrow I'll call these local guns shops you mentioned. I don't mind a little road trip for some hard-to-find ammo. I don't plan on hunting with the rifle this year because I have several other guns already sighted in. I also didn't know that ammo can be shipped to our house again, so thanks for that update! I wonder how many web sites know that.

Thanks again for the information!

There's a big gun shop right down the road about 20 min, that has all that big hammer stuff, I'm meeting KeepingitReel at the NY welcome center to pick some stuff up from him. If they have it would you be able to hook up with him? I think he's from the finger lakes area, just a thought???

Yes, I would make a trip to go meet up with him. Thanks!

Alright I'll call them tomorrow, I'll let you know if they have any what's your price limit?? And what grain pill?

Alright I'll call them tomorrow, I'll let you know if they have any what's your price limit?? And what grain pill?

$50 limit for one box (same as Midway) for a new box. $40 for a box of the older white Winchester box, I think all they make is a 200 grain load like Midwayusa sells. The white box usually goes for a lot more than the new stuff, not sure why, but ammunition doesn't have an infinite shelf life. Feel free to call me on my cell if they have any. Thanks!