Best flasher colors

I want to try and troll for salmon this year on the west end of the lake.  I have no idea what color or brand of flashers I should buy.  I am looking for suggestions so that I don't buy a bunch of unproductive colors.  Looking at buying pro troll or Dreamweaver.  Thanks in advance.

I think that pretty  well covers it. You will find other patterns are good for a period of time or for that year but these are the most consistent options.

Good luck on your first year, This sport can be very addictive. I drive five hundred miles, three to four times a year just to taste it. Have my own boat and thousands in gear.

Tight lines

personnel preference but stick with the 8", more forgiving and create less tangles than the larger ones. Once you have things down a little you can play with the larger ones.

I very rarely use the larger ones any more.

Big weenie fish paddle work just as good as spin Dr. You can run that at any speed and the work just as good.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a bunch of the 8" size that I tried with meat, but didn't get much action. It seems like you could use a shorter leader for flies. What length do you use?

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters