Boat Canvas Guys

I'm not sure on that. He is a real good guy to do business with and you might want to give him a call and ask him. I do think that it is well worth the trip to Sodus Point to have the work done by him though if that  ends up being the case. He does superb work for a very fair price.

I'm not sure on that. He is a real good guy to do business with and you might want to give him a call and ask him. I do think that it is well worth the trip to Sodus Point to have the work done by him though if that  ends up being the case. He does superb work for a very fair price.

Thanks for the response, but it's not a trailerable boat and the work would have to be done at the marina. I guess it wouldn't hurt to call him and ask.

Thanks Les for the â˜Žï¸ # How far is that from Water Town? I would like to have my top done the same as original except I would like a drop curtain installed where the aft zippers to.

I'd say it is about 100 miles and a couple hours to Sodus Point from Watertown.

Yeeaaww that's far, I guess I'll have to find someone a lot closer, damn!! Thanks anyway! Oh my man came through for me that's a plus.

Yeeaaww that's far, I guess I'll have to find someone a lot closer, damn!! Thanks anyway! Oh my man came through for me that's a plus.

Well, maybe the trip would pay for itself in the long run, I'll give him a call guys!! Thanks, that many ya's and no na's kind of makes ya think a little, you know what I mean

Edited by pap

The custom dodger for the front of my 13 ft Whaler was the best investment I've made in my lifetime. It allowed me to go where other boats that size would not venture and it lasted for the 22 years I had the boat and was still doing fine when I sold the boat for three hundred bucks more than I had paid for it :lol:  John used quality materials and it showed.

Thanks Les for some insight on the quality of the product. Sounds to me like it would be good to make this journey on one of my trips back home and the pick the OL' Girl up on the next trip up to the BRCG!!

I think it may be worth it Mike.  John is expert at his craft. I've had over $5,000 - $6,000 worth of canvas work done on my current boat by a major guy with what was touted as the best acrylic material at the time and I don't think it holds up nearly as well as that on my other boat. The only reason I didn't have John do that canvas it is that I used the canvas guy that does all the work for the place I bought the (new at the time) boat from and because of the timing (in time for a derby so it was more convenient). Next time I will have John do it for sure. I should add that he has been doing this stuff since the 70's including a stint in Florida and has done just about everything you can imagine in canvas work on all sizes of boats both charter and personal.

Thanks Les, that pretty much seals the deal for me!! We have a guy close to home and used to do all our local marinea's work which is huge for this area. So I had to beg him just to make a few repairs, to hold me over. This guy was top notch also, but doesn't want to crawl around on boats anymore, and now he's into taxidermyLOL.