What model are these?

Brian

I was cleaning out my storage building and found these from 20 years ago, and I know they are 10A riggers but I can,t find any info because of the control board mounted on them. All the info on mag 10a show this rigger without control panel. Can someone shed some light on this. I'm looking for a manual on them.

post-141956-0-20307400-1479565173_thumb.jpg

They look like Digitroll 1 or 2 s. They are not 10A's They are somewhat newer than the 10A model and have the auto stop etc. but they are much more basic in features than the modern Digitroll 5 or 10 models. They aren't bad downriggers just slower than the more modern model and I think the maximum weight limit is about  the same as the 10A's (10 lbs). I haven't seen any manual for them in recent years. The Digitrol 2 has a digital readout in feet instead of a manual counter.

Edited by Sk8man

Les is correct, I just acquired 2 mag 20's from a great young man from right here on LOU. They look identical other than mine say Mag 20, they are the slower version of the digitrolls, unfortunately your stuck at 10# max weight, where the 20's will pull 15#ers no problem, that's why I wanted to upgrade but couldn't see spending a lot more $$$ just for speed. When I'm fishing I'm in another world so no need to go fast LOL. After looking at yours they must be older or they didn't put the ion control on the mag10's? Interesting piece you have there.

Edited by pap

Les is correct, I just acquired 2 mag 20's from a great young man from right here on LOU. They look identical other than mine say Mag 20, they are the slower version of the digitrolls, unfortunately your stuck at 10# max weight, where the 20's will pull 15#ers no problem, that's why I wanted to upgrade but couldn't see spending a lot more $$$ just for speed. When I'm fishing I'm in another world so no need to go fast LOL. After looking at yours they must be older or they didn't put the ion control on the mag10's? Interesting piece you have there.

After looking at the riggers they don't look like mine your control panel is screwed on where mine is a flush push pad, I've been looking also and coming up with nata!!

I think I may now know the answer after looking closer at the image. They are in fact Mag 10A's and they have been converted to what appears to be a Digitrol by adding the Digitrol board and activation pad. I haven't seen them configured that way ....most of the time when the pad goes bad on the old Digitrol people would scrap the pad and convert them to a 10A. I'm pretty sure these are conversions from 10A to Digitrol (probably Digi 1's from the late 80's - early 90's). Unfortunately I have no idea where to find a manual for the old Digitrols.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks for all the information guys. The reason I pulled them out was because after years on Oneida I,m moving the boat back to Ontario next year . I decided to upgrade to new riggers. So the question is who wants to buy some vintage riggers with slow speed retrieve for better depth control and lightweight ball capacity for added blowback for those boat wary fish. Make me an offer.

I would like to thank Norm(big blue) for taking the time to copy and mail out his copy of the original instruction manual for the digitroll conversions. This is why I love the LOU community and encourage anyone to join . It,s worth every penny and how it maintains this excellent site.