Epic Pre Cold Front Muskie Bite!

Lafleur

Awesome video guy!! I have watched every vid. you posted and it seem your area is by a stone quarry, do you think there's a lot of structure there maybe big rocks ect. Why do you use that area? Obviously because there's tank size Musky there, but would be interesting to hear your reasons for that area and why they hold in that area. I don't fish musky just curious. Thanks PAP again thanks for the post!!

Awesome video guy!! I have watched every vid. you posted and it seem your area is by a stone quarry, do you think there's a lot of structure there maybe big rocks ect. Why do you use that area? Obviously because there's tank size Musky there, but would be interesting to hear your reasons for that area and why they hold in that area. I don't fish musky just curious. Thanks PAP again thanks for the post!!

So those stones are dropped off by freighters, and for a freighter to get that close to shore there obviously has to be dredging. Basically that dredging has created a huge drop off right off of shore for about 3km, which attracts tons of fish. Accompany that with the moving water of the river and you have some incredible structure!

Your not kidding about the bite there being shut down. Was there 2 weeks ago and it was decent. Came back Monday for 3 days and the whole lake was shut down. I've never seen it so tough there. Water Temps had dropped 10 deg in 7 days and the bait just scatered everywhere. I found offshore temps 2 degrees higher than what I found at the normal fall hot spots. Expecting 20 fish days and struggling to put 2 or 3 in the bag each day was brutal.

Your not kidding about the bite there being shut down. Was there 2 weeks ago and it was decent. Came back Monday for 3 days and the whole lake was shut down. I've never seen it so tough there. Water Temps had dropped 10 deg in 7 days and the bait just scatered everywhere. I found offshore temps 2 degrees higher than what I found at the normal fall hot spots. Expecting 20 fish days and struggling to put 2 or 3 in the bag each day was brutal.

Yeah man it was crazy. Could not believe how bad it got for about 10 days there.

One other thing Lafleur, I'm suspecting your on the Canadian side, so are you fishing a body of water in Canada or a river? Or are you fishing SLR since you said about the freighters bringing in the rocks? Thanks PAP

One other thing Lafleur, I'm suspecting your on the Canadian side, so are you fishing a body of water in Canada or a river? Or are you fishing SLR since you said about the freighters bringing in the rocks? Thanks PAP

It's a river where it connects to a lake. PM me if you want to know which one lol.

It's a river where it connects to a lake. PM me if you want to know which one lol.

no I was just curious. Keep up the good work!! It was a pleasure talking to you.