Best day hunting to date!

Tank

Saturday eve my oldest son Drew took his first Buck at age 14! I was like an excited kid on Christmas, he was all calm and cool! Ha! Took him with my 270 @40 yards and dropped him with a heart shot! Ironically, this is the same buck he flesh wounded during the youth firearms season. When we went to gut him I noticed missing hair and sure enough he had a nice 270 scar..not deep enough to even bleed as we had NO blood back on Columbus day weekend. Pics are in my trailer as it was snowing like mad. Also Drew had a full orange vest and hat on in the field and we took the tag off for pics. Pics were back at Camp. Tank

unnamed%202_zpsb8czfmet.jpg

unnamed_zpsplmodmos.jpg

Saturday eve my oldest son Drew took his first Buck at age 14! I was like an excited kid on Christmas, he was all calm and cool! Ha! Took him with my 270 @40 yards and dropped him with a heart shot! Ironically, this is the same buck he flesh wounded during the youth firearms season. When we went to gut him I noticed missing hair and sure enough he had a nice 270 scar..not deep enough to even bleed as we had NO blood back on Columbus day weekend. Pics are in my trailer as it was snowing like mad. Also Drew had a full orange vest and hat on in the field and we took the tag off for pics. Pics were back at Camp. Tank

unnamed%202_zpsb8czfmet.jpg

unnamed_zpsplmodmos.jpg

Congrats!! Awesome story.

Talk about dasavoo, how about that!! Congrats to your son, and compliments to you for showing so much excitement towards your sons kill!! You should have a great sense of accomplishment!!! This kind of thing doesn't happen with out the 2 of you working together to get the job done!! Not to mention dealing with the elements of Mother Nature!!! Great pics, great day!!!!