Waneta tomorrow

Heading to Waneta for the first time ever in the morning. Do I need to worry about being able to launch? Have 16' tiller boat so I don't need anything serious to get into the water. Any info on the bite is also appreciated.

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving

Edited by zackblain

My buddy and I got each got one. It was my first time going after them so I was pretty pumped but for a fish that size it fought like a wet rag. Mine came on a storm flat stick with aggressive jerks and pauses, my buddies came on a shallow invader?? Using the same retrieve. Both fish were caught within twenty minutes of each other.

post-149101-0-81314400-1480159995_thumb.jpg

post-149101-0-74943100-1480160035_thumb.jpg

Was there a guy watching from the white house next to your left shoulder?

Yeah as soon as he saw us working up the shore he ran out and got in his boat with the cover on and fished right out front till we got past him, did the same thing coming back and freaked out as soon as we lifted them out of the water for pics.

Just my 2 cents....

This lake is getting burned up on this forum. Not even close to a 1000 acre lake and there 16-18,000 members on this site. Parking lot can hold 15-20 trailers (that may be a stretch.) Just like the no naming small streams policy on the tributary page, these smaller lakes shouldn't be called out if you guys are truly thinking of the fish's best interest. Name small lakes in private messages.

Edited by Fish Junkie

I do not fish there, but as a general response, I've shot myself in the foot due to posting on here. There are many lurkers who don't do a thing to help others. Those people all a sudden show up and you don't have a clue who they are. Because of individuals like that, my forum posts are very limited.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've gotten crap before about posting info regarding smaller lakes (canadice, hemlock, honeoye.) I honestly don't see the huge deal anymore, I've spoonfed tons of information to guys only to have them come back and say well I ended up doing what I've always done and didn't have much luck... Well no sh!t.

I'm convinced that the guys that are going to "burn up a lake" are going to be able to go wherever they want and be successful without having ever read an internet post.

Most of the internet anglers I've talked with in the past are terrible "fisherman" aren't going to be able to "burn out a lake" with even the most detailed reports.

Tough to burn out a lake when they stock 4200 a year and they reproduce on top of it.. if they were catching giants on the regular it would get a lot more pressure but low 40s high 30s seem to be normal.. I'm sure mid 50s are in the lake but I've never heard of anyone landing a 55" like st Lawrence.. I hear about an occasional 49 or 50.. beautiful lake though I was glad to make it up my first time few weeks ago..

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by John Edward