Wtb floatation coat or suit

A couple things. A suit may offer and advantage in case you go in and that is that the icy water may not travel up inside as easily and it is easier to "seal off". When I went in that cold water did get under my jacket with the two piece.  I would also suggest going a size larger than usual if you plan to wear stuff underneath.

i got the striker hard water jacket and bibs last year

im 5'10 ...140 lbs.....lrg size was good fit

most days cant wear the coat its just to warm....without a shanty

I think the predator series may be a little lighter so you could actually wear the coat

check fish307.com.........fishusa.com

also think that gander mountain stocks the predator series

I just googled the brand name....Fladen suits and found sites in Uk i think is where they were.  Some good you tube videos on them as well.  I think I'm sold on them....just don't like the one piece idea...thinking of two piece if anyone has info on them.  Like I asked earlier...anyone ever wore them ice fishing?

The Dominus jackets are Coast Guard Approved as a Type III device but the bib pants aren't although they are advertised as able to float. The major reason I suggested a one piece suit over a 2 piece (which is what I currently have) no matter which option you get is that after going in the water I now know that cold water can and does get inside the 2 piece suits and believe me hypothermia can rapidly set in if you end up spending even a few minutes in the frigid water. As with many things there is a trade off here in terms of heat regulation and comfort and safety factors. If you don't end up going in the water the comfort factors may be very important to you but if you should happen to go in safety will immediately rise to your number one concern along with staying warm.  Learning to properly layer your clothing is crucial to ice fishing because on the way out on the ice and dragging a sled and other equipment you will sweat if "over dressed" at that arrival  point out there and you will start to be chilled due to the sweat evaporation so the trick is to perhaps carry some layers with you to add when you get to your spot if needed and/or dress with "wicking" undergarments especially. Yes this may be "clumsy" when wearing a one piece suit but safety should always be your main concern.  Another factor here is whether you will be in a shelter with a heater as this also dictates to some degree how you dress. The most dangerous times will be while walking out to a spot, walking around while out there, drilling holes, and when returning to shore and this is when you want to be dressed safely above all else.

Edited by Sk8man

dawg - I wasn't in any way being critical of your post just adding to it and I guess I am pretty heavily influenced by my own experience :lol:  I for one sure as hell don't want to repeat it :)  Each of these products probably has its strengths and weaknesses depending on the individual situation and it is good to have all these selections to choose from too and I wasn't previously aware of the one you mentioned so thanks. Les

The point about Spring trolling is a good one too. I  have a separate Arctic Armor jacket (only) for that and mainly for warmth and breaking the wind because I wear a PFD over it so multiple floatation and the outer PFD is Coast Guard approved. I'm on my 12th season with my Arctic Armor jacket and bibs andstill going strong.

Edited by Sk8man

I have two piece. I wear it all the time ice fishing. It's a great warm suit. I've spent many late November early December days trolling in Canada with it. Pm me your number and I'll call ya.

Capt. Michael Weaver. Pure Fishing Ambassador

The Fladen suit exceeds all USCG standards and trust me you won't be getting a ticket. More likely a pat on the back for being smart and wearing one. Think about it

Capt. Michael Weaver. Pure Fishing Ambassador