Dirt bikes

brownie787

Hi folks, opening day of gun deer season my neighbor and his friends rode dirt bikes from 10:30 to 15:30. At 10:35 opening day I watched 4 deer bolt across my back 40 and haven't seen much of anything since. Also, deer that get pushed around normally don't head towards 5 dirt bikes racing around a 5 acre track. Again, same thing this weekend. So I decided to go over to his house and talk with him. He said he's not breaking any laws he's on his own property and not riding before 10am and stopping around 3pm in consideration for hunters. I was told I could contact DEC to see if this falls under hunter harassment? Does anyone have serious suggestions?

Hi folks, opening day of gun deer season my neighbor and his friends rode dirt bikes from 10:30 to 15:30. At 10:35 opening day I watched 4 deer bolt across my back 40 and haven't seen much of anything since. Also, deer that get pushed around normally don't head towards 5 dirt bikes racing around a 5 acre track. Again, same thing this weekend. So I decided to go over to his house and talk with him. He said he's not breaking any laws he's on his own property and not riding before 10am and stopping around 3pm in consideration for hunters. I was told I could contact DEC to see if this falls under hunter harassment? Does anyone have serious suggestions?

Not riding before 10 and not after 3

What more can you really ask for, he has a right to enjoy his land too

Yeah, I figured the same too. I wasn't a jerk, we had a calm conversation. Funny thing he knew it was opening day and he knows it's hunting season. He also said the local trails are posted for hunting season. My son and I ride too, but not during the hunting seasons. You would think the guy would give it a rest, go nail the wife, paint the basement, hit the bar, or complain on some website that it's hunting season(ha!) Just sucks for me.

I'd say it's pretty considerate of him to even do what he's doing for hunters. You can thank the people who move into houses near real MX tracks then cry about the noise until they get them shut down or only allowed to be open when leaves are on the trees from 3-5pm on saturdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United