GAMO Pellet Gun

I have an updated synthetic stock version of this called the Gammo Silent Cat (US made) and use it for culling chipmunks and other pests. Before purchasing mine I tried out a number of other well known quality air rifles and they each made far too much noise (e..g. Beeman). With the right scope and ammo this gun is deadly accurate (8 head shots on chipmunks from about 75 ft away). It will easily take out squirrels and rabbits. The sound from it is a "spring" type sound not a .22 like loud crack and with ballistic pellets it is reputed to go about 1250 ft per sec. Gammo makes quality products and I think I paid about $189 for my newer one so this could be a good deal for someone.

Edited by Sk8man

Make no mistake this is not a " Red Rider" bb gun. Les is under stating @ 75' you can repeatedly hit a bottle cap at 50 yards once it's sighted in. 1250 fps is with lead pellets, if you buy the lighter "ballistic" tip pellets it's said to achieve 1625 fps.

My brother did and said @ that speed it was loud so he stuck with all lead

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I agree with the "understating" comment....I was only giving it as a real life example from my own personal experience and to illustrate the fact that a chipmunks head is a pretty small target at that distance to consistently hit (with anything). There are a number of different ballistic pellets made by various manufacturers by the way and as with ammo in various guns some shoot more accurately than others in a given weapon. I found that the alloy pellets made by Sig Sauer seem to be the most consistent but they are about $25-30 for 300 of them and the Gammo (gold) Raptors (non-ballistics) shoot well also. It is necessary to experiment with ammo because it should be selected according to the specific task. For example the flat faced or hollow point pellets do well at short to medium distances for target shooting and are relatively quiet, the pointed pellets excel at longer ranges with a little more noise as they exceed the  1,000fps, and ballistics are the ones for hunting and do make more noise as they travel at or near the max. speed. As Steve said this rifle is not a toy and only takes one pump of the forearm (not ten like some of the others).

Edited by Sk8man