First DOUBLE salmon 16 & 24 lbs SOLO!

Went 4-5 today out of Sandy creek. Fished from 5-7:30 am after being chased off the lake from a bit of thunder. 3 kings and a nice steel head. Highlight of the day was my first double! One 16 lb and one 24 lb king on at the same time and I was by myself! Talk about a good time!!! Fished 140-160 fow and 50-80 down. Only fishing off the riggers (2 rods per person) NK purple thunder and ss that I don't know the name of! Will be back out Friday afternoon.....

Pq1a4St0.jpg

aVjh9vS.jpg

Been doing the solo stuff for years and doing the double is always a fun time. Congrats nice fish.

Did a Sandy run this AM on Jax boat with Gamblers neighbor TJ (Nice kid!) and we managed to bring 6 fish into the boat (2 Kings 18 and 8, 1 skipper, a small steelie and 2 Lakers :roll: :$:$:$ :x :x :x) We and I used that term loosely (won't mention any 3 letter names) lost 4 other fish including what was a double digit size steelie and 2 good kings.

I was held hostage by those two and forced to sit through what was the most agonizing 45 minutes of fishing in my entire life while they fished for the "great fighting" lake trout :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I tried to dial 911 to get help to get out of there but when I dialed 911 for some reason Jax phone went right to Brian Gamblers number :shock: :? and he was of no help to me :!:

OK after enduring that torture someone please tell me why anybody would go out of there way to fish for those damn things :? :? :?: The rod barley even moves when it hits in the rigger and then moves even less when the fish is on there and the 2 we caught were decent sized 8# and 12# but man were they a bore to watch come in and you have to haul in the 3 feet of "cow bell" crap too. I understand if there is prize $ involved but only then. I only did it because TJ wanted too because Brain has him brain washed :shock: :lol:

I'll try to post some pics later of a couple of the fish if I remember :$

PU - Nice fish. :D A solo-double is a real rush. On a side note, flying solo makes you get organized real quick doesn't it.

Fishinman - I agree that something must be wrong with guys who target the greasers, however if either of us ever catches a 25+ Lb greaser, we won't be able to post it on this board. They'd never let us live it down :$

Tom B.

(LongLine)

You need to learn how to deal with Jax. He tried to have me go in and fish for Lakers at the Oswego Pro Am. He got laughed at by the rest of the team. What joker fishes for Lakers? If there are kings around.......and there were b/c you caught some......why bother? Figure out how to change your program to keep the rods firing in the late morning-afternoon bite. He is such a queer when he talks about "your gonna need them one day on a charter." Yeah, well charter with me and if the kings dont bite I'll take ya out again for FREE! They need to eat sometime.

Easy YT :shock: 8) on him he's a good guy and loves to catch fish of all sorts and we had a really good laugh while they were lakering and some fun and that's what fishing is all about to begin with it's right not all serious, serious, serious, yelling, yelling, yelling gotta beat the next guy. That's one of the things that I enjoyed and miss about fishing with Ray K and Musky in the Pro-Ams they are there to have a really good time, learn something and if you win something great but if you don't you know that you had a good time and some great laughs!!!!

If I wanted to he would have kept on the kings (the kid likes the lakers too) we had to head in and we kinda fished our way back to the launch a bit putting away gear and what not, after we looked for a few kings inside again. I agree with the "what Jokers" part but some guys do like to try for a hog laker it's never been one of my things to do ever, even back when I first started learning how to troll but it's like guys that give you a hard time about BASS fishing, some like it some don't. Like I said if it came down to $$$ like placing or moving up a notch in a Pro - AM or Derby I would but that would be it. I guess that would have meant you guys last week right, after all it was a "Trout" and Salmon Derby correct and you finished just a laker or so out of the $$.

LL, I will never catch another one, unless it's by total accident like last year on a wire rig.

great job, esspecially if you didn't loose any tackle and get wound up on the rigger cables or something....I've learned the value of electric auto stop riggers, last year I had manuals and did a double, it's quite a fire drill to say the least...sure gets the sweat going and the knees a shakin...and then how many minutes later your way off the spot where it all started when you are ready to start again....or maybe not if that was enough for one day :lol:

It was a great morning out on the Lake Yesterday...I fished with two friends on a white Penn Yann. We saw Pleasure Unit fighting for his life with the fish on...Looked like he had his hands full. I didn't realize he had two on...Good Job! We did pretty good in the early morning....Fished in the 140 to 160 FOW and went 8 for 9. Best area for us was off the ball that was 63 foot down. water temp there was 46.7 degrees. Caught 5 Kings and 3 rainbows...Biggest fish was a 20+ King caught on a green frog Magnum. Other fish came on white pearl spinny with a mirage fly. Two steelies came on free sliders armed with Stinger NBK's. Last king came on a Mountan Dew spinny with mirage "bugeye" fly....Speaking of flies...they got pretty bad out there...Have a good weekend everyone...Keep up the good reporting...

Hook'em

The Gumpy II (19 foot Tracker)

Hopefully it will be out there Saturday morning!

Thanks everyone. I was PUMPED! Still am I have to admit. That was my personal best for the King's, only been at this a few seasons. And using 2 old Riveria manual riggers didn't help none when they got near the boat. Almsot lost the big one a couple of time with the net, but got it in ok. Looking to up grade to Scotty's soon. I'll going back out now, but this time with 2 extra people!

great job on the double pleasure unit and you to pops for your success yesterday. much better than i did the past couple weeks.....as far as the lakers go i have to agree with fishinman, i wouldn't probably go out and target them normally but do during the derbies and actually did in the spring which we ended up with 3 on the board. on top of that my friends boat ended up with 3 also including the 26+ pounder that they caught on the last day and ended up being the #2 fish entered and what they thought momentarily the grand prize winner. pretty exciting stuff for them and considering 6 out of the 20 places were weighed in by 2 boats is nothing to sneeze at. as far as largemouth bass fishing goes.....to each there own i guess.

Easy YT :shock: 8) on him he's a good guy and loves to catch fish of all sorts and we had a really good laugh while they were lakering and some fun and that's what fishing is all about to begin with it's right not all serious, serious, serious, yelling, yelling, yelling gotta beat the next guy. That's one of the things that I enjoyed and miss about fishing with Ray K and Musky in the Pro-Ams they are there to have a really good time, learn something and if you win something great but if you don't you know that you had a good time and some great laughs!!!!

If I wanted to he would have kept on the kings (the kid likes the lakers too) we had to head in and we kinda fished our way back to the launch a bit putting away gear and what not, after we looked for a few kings inside again. I agree with the "what Jokers" part but some guys do like to try for a hog laker it's never been one of my things to do ever, even back when I first started learning how to troll but it's like guys that give you a hard time about BASS fishing, some like it some don't. Like I said if it came down to $$$ like placing or moving up a notch in a Pro - AM or Derby I would but that would be it. I guess that would have meant you guys last week right, after all it was a "Trout" and Salmon Derby correct and you finished just a laker or so out of the $$.

LL, I will never catch another one, unless it's by total accident like last year on a wire rig.

OK Tom, I felt so bad about calling hyou guys names I let the kid use one of my riggers today to try for a laker. Guess what.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................THEY TANGLED WITH ANOTHER RIGGER AND COST US A BROWN TROUT AT THE END OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to make these SALMON tournaments and not Salmoin and Trout :lol: