shappell

Dmargeit

I have the FX100 for a year and it has been worth the money so far. I also have used a Shappell wide house 5500 for the last 3 years and have gotten my money's worth out of that. I realize we are talking different models here,but overall I have been impressed with the Shappell shelters for a lot less money than other brands. I think my FX100 is warmer than some of my buddy's flip-overs because the material is thicker. My only complaint is that it is a bench seat and I added a cheap plastic seat just for some back support.

That's the only thing I see wrong with it is the bench seat but it would be easy to upgrade that. Just haven't seen many reviews about them compared to clam eskimo and frabill just heard about them this year.I have a pack shac right now and on windy days it would just blow away haha

That's the only thing I see wrong with it is the bench seat but it would be easy to upgrade that. Just haven't seen many reviews about them compared to clam eskimo and frabill just heard about them this year.I have a pack shac right now and on windy days it would just blow away haha

I actually made a 4" high storage box and used the seat as a lid for it. It's really pretty comfortable.

• 1 month later...

Agreed. I think shapell overall makes a very good product at a lower price. I have the 6500 widehouse. It is very well designed and has held up well. Also, the actual sled component of their flip shacks are of very good quality from what i understand. Not flimsy like clam and others. Good luck with your purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United