First Mizzleloader

I got a great deal years back on the TC Omega Z5. El Cheapo plastic stock but with a Beartooth comb raising kit and a good scope it made a $250 gun into something very decent.  Whatever gun you get I strongly recommend using Blackhorn 209 powder.  Easy to clean and you can shoot many times in between swabbings and it can be cleaned with regular solvent.  You just have to make sure you use Magnum shotshell primers with the Blackhorn but the stuff is far and away the best.  Lots of good bullets out there but I like the Precision rifle 240 grain dead centers out of Canada.  They load and shoot great.  Good luck.  

I have a TC Z5 Omega- 50 cal with a thumb-hole stock.  I believe i'm in my 7th season with it.  It's been a great gun and I've harvested 95% of my deer with it since purchase.  Added a 3x9 scope and it's a tack driver.  Experiment with different sabots, but i prefer the 250 grain super glides. My son Caleb turned 14 this past Tuesday and harvested his first deer on Saturday with it.

post-140572-0-03894100-1481571278_thumb.jpg

TC Omega thumbhole here as well, with a Nikon BDC muzzleloader scope on top. 250 gr shockwave in a super glide sabot. 150 gr of 777 pellets. Have had it for 10 years. Works great.  When I run out of 77 pellets I will try the Blackhorn 209 powder though.