Old musky inc/Chautauqua lake tournament!

Although my MPB from Chautauqua is 39". I've been in the boat when my buddy got a 48". Perhaps some of you have done better? From what I here from Mikes and other fisherman they take plenty of big fish out of Chautauqua. The DEC nets giant fish each spring. It's good to see the fishery remains so healthy for Musky's in both size and quantity.

Cool article. Thanks for posting. I saw an old CanAm tournament video from Chautauqua that was professionally filmed. Ray and Shorty Elkins won the tournament with quite a few fish and landed a 50 while being filmed. John Parry (Parrywinkle) was in the video too. Its cool to see some of this older stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by Ivan

Although my MPB from Chautauqua is 39". I've been in the boat when my buddy got a 48". Perhaps some of you have done better? From what I here from Mikes and other fisherman they take plenty of big fish out of Chautauqua. The DEC nets giant fish each spring. It's good to see the fishery remains so healthy for Musky's in both size and quantity.

I've been fishing Chautauqua pretty consistently for muskies since 1998. We always released nice fish up to 49" there, but never a 50" until 2014. Then 3 up to 53" there in 2 seasons. Back to normal in 2016...a 49" was our biggest there this year.

post-150846-1481357431343_thumb.jpg

post-150846-14813574800976_thumb.jpg

post-150846-14813575532557_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ivan

Yeah I'm only about 2 hrs 30 min give or take.. we have given the river a break for quite a few years now but gonna start back up this summer.. get very excited about that but I did do a float down st Regis and we really got into the muskies biggest one was 46 but for a small river and a one day trip I would say that is a good day