Sold / Closed Lowrance hds 10 gen 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hell ya thanks, for the heads up, they probably are swamped with Lowrance products since C.S. Is just about worthless!! I have Lowrance products but I can guarantee you one thing it's my last!! When our military is using Raymarine!! If they used Lowrance from my personal perspective, let's see, they would need to leave on constantly, when it's not froze up, it's only takes about 5 minutes to lock onto 15 satellites where most others use 32, if they used 32 you'd need to activate it before your first coffee of the day. One would need to take a 6 month class on how to operate the damn thing, my toilet paper is thicker than Lowrance's instruction manual. LOL those of us who own on can relate to my words, it would take a tech nerd to jump right in the drivers seat of these units. I've heard the touch screens are much easier?

Edited by pap

3 hours ago, pap said:

Hell ya thanks, for the heads up, they probably are swamped with Lowrance products since C.S. Is just about worthless!! I have Lowrance products but I can guarantee you one thing it's my last!! When our military is using Raymarine!! If they used Lowrance from my personal perspective, let's see, they would need to leave on constantly, when it's not froze up, it's only takes about 5 minutes to lock onto 15 satellites where most others use 32, if they used 32 you'd need to activate it before your first coffee of the day. One would need to take a 6 month class on how to operate the damn thing, my toilet paper is thicker than Lowrance's instruction manual. LOL those of us who own on can relate to my words, it would take a tech nerd to jump right in the drivers seat of these units. I've heard the touch screens are much easier?

Witch Lowrance model are you running?

On 10/12/2016 at 8:20 PM, samcastoff said:

hds 10 with structure scan module an lss1 transducer, power cords, cover..   like new ....900$  wilson ny 716-471-5545

Excuse for the direction that you're post went.

The Structure Scan 1st generation is something that the bass fisherman are always looking for.

10 hours ago, wallyandre said:

Did you update it with the latest update?

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/Elite-60/

What kind of problem do you encounter?

Yea that solved the freezing up mode, but the rest still stands, the first update I got free because it was within a year, the other 2 cost me $99.00 a shot and the only thing I got out of it that I noticed was my 3ft contours went to 1ft contours, and more detail on my Navionics chip, but nothing in the performance area, such as start-up, time it takes to lock onto satellites, the learning curve is ridiculous, push this twice while holding down this, double click on the zoom? Come on , I justgot a IPhone 6 set the damn works up  in a hour, the instructions they give ya basically tells you when you have the unit so bound up, here's how you get the home page up. I even took my laptop along and that did give me more Intel!! But you better have a photographic memory with all the moves you need to take just to accomplish 1 simple task. Lord help your sorry ass if you happen to get of auto adjust, and manage to get into the manual adjustments!!!! You better be ain your20's or my daughters ages 11 tthey have a ability us older guys don't, it just comes natural to them. I'm not the most technically inclined dude but I get myself around. I just go from screen to screen that have what I'm looking for on the auto mode.

I did not do the above update, it sounds like that's what i need!! Mayb that will clear the fog!! Thank you for that info I'll do that today!! I've got an extra power cord so I could use it indoors to try to understand this machine better. THanks again, I didn't know about this update!!  PAP:yes::hi:

Edited by pap

• 7 months later...