Ice ice baby!

longspurs

They have been getting after them north of the launch. I may get out there in the afternoon too if I can get loose. Maybe see you out there Slammin

Edited by Sk8man

They have been getting after them north of the launch. I may get out there in the afternoon too if I can get loose. Maybe see you out there Slammin

I'll be the tall bearded guy in red bibs with a frabill flip over. I run tippups so if you see me out and about, stop over and say hi!!

Thanks about the thickness. :lol:  on location.  There are some real hogs in there once you locate them and it looks as though you have.....just a matter of keeping them there and interested :)

Edited by Sk8man

On my way there.  My son will have a black Frabill  I'll be either naked (no shed just sled) or with yellow/orange tent. Both of us in green/black Arctic Armor suits. Don't be reluctant to say hello but no crowds if only 3 inches :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

We were the furthest guys at the south end. We fished from about 12 -5 and caught about18 big gills and sunnys and threw back a bunch of smalls and marginals,  16 and 19 inch largemouth, 2 pickerel and some dink throw back perch. They were hitting pretty light for the most part and I guess I need to sharpen a couple of my jigs :lol:.My son caught a world record SMALL perch the size of a fathead on a 1/32 oz. jig and he hit a waxworm :lol:  It was good to just get out there for a few hours. Quite a crowd when we arrived so we stayed to the outside and south so didn't get a chance to chat with anyone....

post-145411-0-02540500-1482364768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Oh I didn't even think of the cell phone Jim.  Hopefully next time out but next few days are all tangled up in the Xmas stuff I'm hoping to get out after Xmas though.  Did forget a couple things at home today and almost left my flasher home which would have been torture out there :lol: Someone near us caught a 20 inch eye

Edited by Sk8man

We were the closest to new ice in 17 FOW. Lost two big fish and picked at the gills and perch most of the day. Two flags that were dropped with 10-20' feet of line out. Kept enough for meal with some 12-13" perch in the mix. Buddy got a short eye around 10:00. Good to be out on a nice day, and had a blast dialing in the elite 7 on the ice. May never use my flasher again

Chris -I used to use my Mark 5X Pro with the Lowrance Ice pack but returned to my Vex because with displays it take a brief time to do screen rewrites and the flasher is basically in "real time" and I didn't find it as handy in shallow for the perch as the zoom on the Vex. Where it excels is out deep jigging for trout because you can see all sorts of patterning that you don't get with a flasher and can sort out bait and structure better etc..

Edited by Sk8man

While you guys were all snuggling on Honeoye, I fished Braddocks.  Ice was 3-4.5" and the water was clear.  I iced a couple pike and lost one good one at the hole due to a bite off.  I also caught a bunch of 6-8" perch.