Ice ice baby!

longspurs

Drove by yesterday at about noon. That ice looked a little wet. Almost looked like you guys were walking on water from the road. I did watch someone drill a hole and the ice looked ok where he was. Not going to last much longer so enjoy while it is there.

• 2 weeks later...

Ice masters elite is having a tournament tomorrow at Honeoye south end , check in is at 530 to 630 at ramp 30 bucks a head . Can start Fishing at 7. This will be interesting seening lots of people crammed in a small area. Check their Facebook page for more info if interested.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sounds like a VERY poor idea with the ice conditions the way they are.All that weight on just a couple inches of ice and concentrating people is asking for a disaster.

I was there yesterday. Not going today! Way to sketchy. One minute 4" and take a couple steps and the spud goes through in 1".

Not only is there a contest, but the motor cycle guys showed up in the afternoon. All this on just a small fishable area. 

I hope I am wrong, but conditions the way they are is a recipe for a swim.

There is a ton of people out there right now and clustering together walking around in pairs etc.....not good. Lets hope that there was some additional ice making going on last night and everyone comes back safely from there.....

Edited by Sk8man