Ice ice baby!

longspurs

Possible tournament on Sat at Honeoye lake, held by ice masters elite.
Possible tournament Sunday at conesus lake north end.
All info for both tournament will be info on there Facebook page.
Hope the ice holds

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wishful thinking on those derbies i think...ice had to take a beating

Sent from my LGL44VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Next few days are supposed to be pretty cold and right now 28 dgrees here. I think the south end of Honeoye may be OK but  still may be sketchy in spots and some sections of open water when you head north.  The problem the past few days has been that the fish have lockjaw big time which often occurs during Feb. and lots of dinks present. The other significant problem on weekends in addition to the crowds is the motor cycles racing around the south end...they make a hell of a racket and seem to spook the fish.

Edited by Sk8man

Next few days are supposed to be pretty cold and right now 28 dgrees here. I think the south end of Honeoye may be OK but  still may be sketchy in spots and some sections of open water when you head north.  The problem the past few days has been that the fish have lockjaw big time which often occurs during Feb. and lots of dinks present. The other significant problem on weekends in addition to the crowds is the motor cycles racing around the south end...they make a hell of a racket and seem to spook the fish.

I was out last Saturday and caught about 30 perch but only 2 keepers...i left when the motorcycles showed up...i fish to get away from all that racket...lol...the gills have lockjaw as well? Looks to be about 50 degrees this weekend again...a rough ice fishing season for sure

Sent from my LGL44VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

King Slammin you have a sick addiction!!! Nice pics! Always crushing it no matter what season!!! Makes me wish I wasn't in the Southern Tier and closer to the big O Instead of the Finger Lakes. On weekends I stay in Liverpool so I usually launch out of Oswego. Im guessing you're fishing out of Chaumont? Ive never fished that far North but from the beautiful mixed bag it's just a guess. 

Edited by boho607

But I don't know about the West side of Ontario. Ive never fished out that way. It could be Chataqua or something else iv'e never fished out that way! Great Pics thanks for the report!!! I haven't been out on the ice once this year so Im living through everyone else! We will be trolling for browns soon!!!

Edited by boho607

What an amazing trip. Fishing was on fire and camping was fun. Unfortunately I barely got off this morning. Had to abandon all my gear and hop across the gaps as the 10" of ice we were on broke up and headed to Lake Ontario this morning. So thankful to be dry and alive, managed to alert a bunch of other people as there was no warning. One guy had to be rescued and lost his gear and snowmobile too. Scary stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

34 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

that's freaking nuts

YEA I second that statement, thank the lord you and the others got away with their lives!! Could you imagine if what took place was in the dark hours?? I guess your shelter and goodies are gone also? 

YEA I second that statement, thank the lord you and the others got away with their lives!! Could you imagine if what took place was in the dark hours?? I guess your shelter and goodies are gone also? 

Saved my shelter. Skipped it over 3 feet of open water but lost all the important gear. About $1800 worth. This sport is my passion and some of this stuff cannot be replaced. Still thankful I'm alright, just really sad at the same time.

Saved my shelter. Skipped it over 3 feet of open water but lost all the important gear. About $1800 worth. This sport is my passion and some of this stuff cannot be replaced. Still thankful I'm alright, just really sad at the same time.

We're you at chaumont? The fire department just put up pics from the air some rescues out there.