Brown Trout Mount

I got my son's BT mount back today.  Very happy with it.  Was his first Lake O fish so we had to put it on the wall.  Was done by Rich Benedict of Angling Artisans in Kendall NY.  Fiberglass re-creation where he makes a mold of your fish and then pulls a fiberglass blank from the mold and then adds the magic to make it look like its alive.  Pics don't really do it justice to be honest. 

rsz_2dsc_0009_5.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

Very nice!... I hope my derby winner brown comes out... I haven't heard anything back since mid June but it is a skin mount and since it is the first mount ever for me I have no idea how long it takes. Maybe if Paul C. sees this he can comment about what someone can normally expect  in that regard and I'm sure it also depends on how busy the guy is :) .

Edited by Sk8man

Very nice!... I hope my derby winner brown comes out... I haven't heard anything back since mid June but it is a skin mount and since it is the first mount ever for me I have no idea how long it takes. Maybe if Paul C. sees this he can comment about what someone can normally expect  in that regard and I'm sure it also depends on how busy the guy is :) .

I would say it depends on workload, speed of artist, or if they do deer and other stuff.

My turnaround has been 90-120 days until this year. I had to extend to 5 months. People always say that is faster than anyone else quotes? All I can say is I work, a lot!

I like to get work done while the person still remembers catching it! lol!

Thanks Fishmounter.  I'll be patient. The guy probably has a lot of other stuff and maybe with a skin mount there may be substantial drying time I don't know.

• 5 weeks later...
On January 21, 2017 at 3:19 PM, fisherman21 said:

Bringing this fish to Rich this week to get a repo!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

IMG_1485029945.991828.thumb.jpg.8280c2b9IMG_1485029954.040238.thumb.jpg.1869befe

What a awesome looking tail on that guy!! Absolutely beautiful fish :yes: On the above mount there's one word for my eyes, that's a beautiful looking mount!! I like the idea of using the original fish, than take it the next level of excellence. K':rock: